Appropriate tube amplifier for middle class suburban home.

TrevorGil

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I've heard claims that the reverse tilt of the bridge PU and the strings have some sort of influence. I can't really argue, just as I would not question Brad Paisley when he says that an Esquire has different tone because there is no routing for the neck PU.

I just feel fortunate to be here when an alt went down.

Chris Kinman has an interesting take on it. He says Hendrix didn't sound great because of the upside down srtat but in spite of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't think you understand. I have a reputation to keep in my middle class social circles, you yourself may not be in the same class bracket as I, but I can garantee you that if my neighbours even just THOUGHT that they MAY have heard somethine like a tube amp, I would get instantely reported. Like I said, I live in a very high brow area and I pay every month a very large respectable morgage. I can't put my families repution into jeopardy like this. My son goes to an extremely middle class school with others in this area, and if I act so thug-like as to have either a solid state amp or anti-social valve volumes, then the scandal could get to the teachers and put my sons education and social network in jeopardy. Everybody would be talking about me behind my back. If the school teachers think that I may be from a lower class due to anti-social behaviour, they may not try as hard.

I understand perfectly. You need to keep up appearances. You can't go haut monde, lest your neighbors suspect you of being posh. OTOH, you can't go too low, lest they suspect you of being a plebe and try to boot you from your middle-class housing tract.

My advice - ditch it all. By guns and ammo instead of guitars and amps. Then your neighbors will fear you.

And that's what we're all striving for anyway. Isn't it?

Actually, I've heard claims that the reverse tilt of the bridge PU and the strings have some sort of influence. I can't really argue, just as I would not question Brad Paisley when he says that an Esquire has different tone because there is no routing for the neck PU.

Fender has made some Strats that were right-handed, but with reversed headstocks and bridge pickups so righties could explore that theory, or so Fender could make a few bucks off of those who subscribe to that theory... I really don't know that it makes a huge difference, but some feel that it does. The ones I tried still basically just sounded like Strats to me.

Archived