Out of character guitars you secretly long for?

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you need to do is a little smash and grab at Joe Bonamassa's house while he is out on tour :lol:

I'm never going to own a real Korina V but that pic is of a reissue from the 80's. I'm back in music school finishing my degree in Jazz Performance and I would love to play most of my senior recital on my archtop and then pull out a Korina V for the last tune. So I will probably own something along these lines in about a year or so :o

• Members

'fraid so, I hit maximum density and still kept buying more. Really need to quit putting off Chapter Two, i.e. the disposition phase of the plan.

My last grief was pulling out my '61 RI SG to find corrosion on the frets. I mean, it cleaned up pretty well with Flitz metal polish, but it's certainly one of those "There's you sign" moments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I liked Steinberger like the gm4s with a natural mahogany body. My brother had a white one in the 80s, didn't realize how much of an investement that thing was, and I liked playing it, but couldn't tell my friends I liked it. But if Johnny Winter played a headless guitar I can't consider it out of character.

Then there is the telecaster thing, I like the sound it makes, I even like the looks, I just never liked holding one. Everything seems so natural on a strat that other guitars seem like different instruments. I have made partscasters with strat bodies, tele neck and pickups, and although parts were cheap I liked playing it. Then I have another partscaster strat I like to play with a neck p90 on the bridge and to me it sounds like Roy Buchanan's nancy.

I never liked Gibson looking guitars at all. But I would like something like Lucille, without the gold, without the square inlays, and maybe without the ugly white binding. Maybe if not black some natural wood color would do. I don't know how that would resemble Lucille at all, but you get the picture.

Anything that is not natural would stain finished should be BLACK or bare metal.

Off I go now to play with my old red Squire :)

• Members

For decades I played LP's, SG's ,Strats and Tele's. I got my first hollow-body guitar back in the 90's and never looked back.

I am a hug fan of Gibson hollowbodies, Gretsch and Rickenbackers. I still love the solid body guitar too.

There's no doubt in my mind, I absolutely need one of these.

ES30F16DNNB1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpgand this too.

Rickenbacker%20NEW%20350V63%20001.JPG

Archived