And then we look forward to 2017 - what guitar/music stuff you guys looking forward to?

Mark Wein

Personally I'm pretty "geared up" although I'd like a new jazz guitar. Music school is opening some avenues for me so I'm just excited to make music and play some new gigs. I have my first jazz gig tomorrow with some friends although it's mostly Zappa-style fusion and some latin stuff. We're also backing up some soul singers and spoken earlier in the night which is a nice departure from the usual blues and classic rock gigs that put groceries on the table.

• Members

Personally, there's nothing new out there, or coming out, that I have any interest in. Now, an undiscovered cache of late 60's/early 70's guitars.... now I am interested.

"although it's mostly Zappa-style fusion and some latin stuff." You make it sound as if it's a chore. :)

• Members

Guitar-wise, I don't foresee any purchases this year unless I buy this B.B. King Lucille I'm babysitting for a friend right now. I've never been an ES guy, but this thing is quite magical.

Pedal-wise, possibly a DOD Looking Glass or a Mad Professor Golden Cello. Thinking about a Bad Horsie wah.

Amp-wise I'm going to rehome my Peavey Valve king 212 and replace it with a Fender Hot Rod or Blues Deluxe.

I also need to find a case for my B.C. Rich Warlock and buy some new cables.

• Members

gear wise i'm still waiting for my warmoth body and neck and if this strat will than be the strat of all strat for me i will also put kinmans into it.

a vox ac amp is missing in my collection, but i guess this can wait....

a friend and i will do some jamming in our rehearsal room with some song ideas from him where i should collaberate. never done this before, will be fun, let's see what will come out

we have a gig scheduled in march, maybe we do an unplugged birthday jam end of january, our bassist will become 40 beginning february, but i guess his birthday gig plans will be skipped...

i would love to do some recording, but i fear time will be an issue

but i will still try to do my daily guitar practice workout routine i started last year...

Archived