for the acoustic guitar players, would you want a really nice electric?

Freeman Keller

• Members

I've got an acoustic guitar - bought it in 1974 for 600 bucks which was pretty expensive and my friends all say its a pretty nice one. Its a" CFMartin & Co est.1833" and I got a Mel Bay songbook and learned a couple of songs like "On top of old smoky" and "Puff the magic dragon" and a few others.

Yesterday I was in Walmart buying some beer and ammo and condoms and I saw an electric guitar. I thought it would be nice to have an electric guitar - is this a good one?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Full-Size-Electric-Guitar-10-Watt-Amp-Gig-Bag-Guitar-Strap-Beginners/30492998

It has a strap with it, I think that's pretty cool

• Members

If the six pack is bottles your in luck' . You can take a center punch and tap on the side of the bottle in a small circle pattern and make a hole in it. for yer joint then make another hole 90 degres from it for yer air shot.Now that your feelin good take one of the other bottles and break the neck off. Slip this over one of the fingers on your left hand and start playin slide. But don't stick yer finger in the sharp end . By now there should be some pretty girls hangin around and you can figure out the rest

• Members

lol, You know better but seriously...

It costs more money, IMO, to buy a good acoustic compared to an electric so that could be a factor for many here. While its nice to have a good instrument, I don't believe its essential for my level of enjoyment, as long as its decent.

I play them both equally, more acoustic in the summer, on a grassy beach under a tree, nothing better.

Archived