Which type of guitar strings?

garywilson456

• Members

I would say that you should preferrably replace your strings with the same type of strings that are already on it.

Denny Zager can possibly help you with that and he might even have some "String Science" to add to it.

Having a Zager ad in your sig might be seen a bit offensive....

• Members

The D-string is the best string for a beginner. Not too fat, not too skinny, nice wide windings... D is a nice note too. Very beginner friendly. If it's important to focus your energy on perfecting one skill at a time, I can't think of a better string to concentrate on. Good luck!

• Members

Hi, Gary! Welcome to Harmony Central's overly-goofy acoustic guitars forum!

If your guitar came with metal strings, get a set of D'Addario phosphor-bronze light-gauge strings. They're very good but not very expensive.

Also, get a string winder. The cheap plastic ones last a lifetime and work fine, so don't buy something more expensive.

If the music store isn't very busy, someone there will show you how to change strings and how to use the winder.

Del

www.thefullertons.net

• Members
Hello,

I just want to know that which type of guitar string is better for beginner guitarists because I have an acoustic guitar, but I am thinking to change the strings of my guitar. So please give some suggestion.

Thanks in advance

best acoustic guitars

Gary , lights are the way to go , their easier to play than Mediums. coated strings are also good -

they last longer ( dont go dead as quick ) their is a couple of youtube ideos on changing strings ,

as well as the Taylor company site with information on doing that . String brands i trust ( coated)

Dadarrio , Elixar and Martin SP's -all in light gauge . Theirs other brands , many are exceptional -

but i trust these three and they have been consistant .

Welcome to the forum !

• Members
Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to know that is there any kind of strings which provide less stress on my fingers.

Thanks

best beginner guitar

Yes, you can try lighter gauge strings, if you are playing 12's, go to 11's, if you are playing 11's go to 10, if 10's, try some 9's...... Pretty soon you'll have to switch to electric strings

You can try 'silk and steel" strings, they have less tension.

You can switch from hex core to round core strings

You can down tune one or two semi tones (or more)

You can have a Master Luthier adjust your guitar. Lower the action, file the frets

You can buy a shorter scale guitar.

You can buy a nylon string guitar (or even put nylon strings on your Zager)

Or you can just do like the rest of us have done and play the thing until your fingers get tough

Archived