Using the HC Forums is a Privelage-OT

bigald18

• Members

To crap one's pants at a dinner party might be considered a faux pas. Or it could be considered an act of rebellion. It depends on the context, I guess...which way the wind is blowing, so to speak. And then, let's not leave out the possibility of cross-cultural and linguistic misunderstandings.

With me, it makes little difference as my own doesn't stink.

But was it a covered dish affair? fb37c50b4940b7e7763d4815971d3c80.jpg

BTW, bridge pins are damned important. I use petrified Pterodactyl claws. And I will never switch.

:lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I happened to think Bigald's OP was thoughtful, and sure there were a few barbs, but they were earned barbs. I recently turned 65.... maybe us older guys earned the right to whinge from time to time. But I could seem to hear his voice, and I heard a caring guy that speaks his mind. Corporate whipper snappers could learn from us, if they learned to listen.

I'm hanging on, hoping perhaps some intelligent discourse will reappear. I'd like to know what you were banned for, but you telling me would lead to another ban.Haha.

I live in Thailand, and we have lese majeste law here (supposedly insulting royalty somehow). People get arrested, disappear, but can't report what crime was because (tada!) reporter would get arrested for same crime.

Guest admos

To crap one's pants at a dinner party might be considered a faux pas. Or it could be considered an act of rebellion. It depends on the context, I guess...which way the wind is blowing, so to speak. And then, let's not leave out the possibility of cross-cultural and linguistic misunderstandings.

With me, it makes little difference as my own doesn't stink.

But was it a covered dish affair? fb37c50b4940b7e7763d4815971d3c80.jpg

BTW, bridge pins are damned important. I use petrified Pterodactyl claws. And I will never switch.

Well put :)

• Members

Maybe this is the epitome of acoustic coziness we want to take this place to. Hmmmm?

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=377613

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=377084

And the coup de gras: A coup de grâce (/ˌkuː də ˈɡrɑːs/; French for "blow of mercy") is a death blow to end the suffering of a severely wounded person or animal. It may be a mercy killing of civilians or soldiers, friends or enemies, with or without the sufferer's consent.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=377531

And then some ancient history, redux -

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=377666

• Members
I think Big Al previously referred to "Bozo" as a guy with a mustache. Trouble ensued.

get youn editorial comments right boy: Idunn referred to the "bozo" that started the original bridge pin thread. Freeman Keller wrote that he must be talking about him (Freeman did a bridge pin study). I don't know if he has a moustache. lol

• Members

You old guys have zero memory. The bridge pin debacle was from none of the applicants you are applying to or for. Those guys were simply taking the lunacy and running with it in prime forum fashion to the next level, that's all. They did not have anything to do with promoting pins, mass, saddle materials or other conjured up inaudibly transparent, empirically intangible modifier of sound. This is well ahead of the ToneRite nonsense that followed from Harry's Acoustic Wand and other stories to tell aloud.

Sheesh. It was a member who no longer plies the waters here but was indeed the nonsense that saner men endure to remain on topic. But, y'all have fun with that stuff, now, ya'hear?

• Members

get youn editorial comments right boy: Idunn referred to the "bozo" that started the original bridge pin thread. Freeman Keller wrote that he must be talking about him (Freeman did a bridge pin study). I don't know if he has a moustache. lol

I do have a moustache and a big red nose. And I almost bought a guitar by Mr. Podunava which of course would have had twelve bridge pins....

• Members

Hey, it's all harmless but I just have to think those forays into the surreality of the unprovable would have been culled by their logic masters prior to embarking. But crazier things have happened to logic. I mean, there's a reason for the coining of surreal. And, to those who say they've actually realized a difference, okay. Does it sound the same with one eye closed? We won't go through the details. It's not necessary to the discussion of what is or isn't on-topic but rather if there's any validity to such discussion at all.

I just thought more of this place (Pride of Place).

And then there's -

Some ancient history, redux -

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=377666

• Members
I rarely come here anymore since the Communists took over. Guitar Jam kicked butt once upon a time but I followed the masses to other places and developed my own hang out.

Do tell! You mean you became a regular some place else or literally created another site of your own?

Archived