Interesting Country song mashup

pogo97

• Members

Hey they forgot Dean Brody's Dirt - it would have fit right in. I actually like that song, after I saw him perform it live. He had a phenomenal band, and they did it a little faster than his studio recording - and harder. They were doing it for his sound check IIRC. Really liked his guitar player

• Members
The mashup is really well done' date=' I am sure you could do it with just about any gendre. Having said that can't hep noticing that nearly every modern country tune has to have the word "truck" in it these days. [/quote']

and if it doesn't someone will right a verse for it that does.

• Members
There's good and not so good in all genres in my humble opinion...

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

I repeat Sturgeon’s Revelation, which was wrung out of me after twenty years of wearying defense of science fiction against attacks of people who used the worst examples of the field for ammunition, and whose conclusion was that ninety percent of SF is crud.[1]

Using the same standards that categorize 90% of science fiction as trash, crud, or crap, it can be argued that 90% of film, literature, consumer goods, etc. is crap. In other words, the claim (or fact) that 90% of science fiction is crap is ultimately uninformative, because science fiction conforms to the same trends of quality as all other artforms.

Actually, I think he was being very generous. I'd add that another 9.9% is just indifferent. (Like this BBS software, where I had to type "indifferent" three times to get it to take.)

• Members
what is missing there is that 90% of the world population can't tell that it is crap...so it sells.

Uh, honey? That song's about drinkin' beer and driving around in pickup trucks! I like it! Who's it by?

Actually, I don't think they care. Just as long as it reflects their values and the wife can line dance to it. It's just entertainment.

• Members

I'm weird in that I much prefer 80's country to 90's and later (the 80's was the last decade that country radio was for grownups, IMO). And I spent much of the 90's on the road with a country band, playing the country dance club circuit from the SE to SW. I also played in a top 40 country house band for much of the 00's and also from '12 to '14. There have always been a few great songs and artists even in new country (Zac Brown, Jamie Johnson, Miranda Lambert, Band Perry etc.) but I agree those are in the vast minority. During my recent '12-'14 stint it was mostly the female artists Lambert/Band Perry I enjoyed covering but so much else I didn't- I get nauseous at the thought of ever playing another Luke Bryan song, for example. Glad to be doing other things now.

Archived