sig failure

DaveAronow

• Members
Steve, just because something I said was based upon something you said, does not make me a dick. I am a dick because of a lot of other things, but not because of that. You are just taking it personally because it happened to be you that my response was based off of, but actually, if you read it again, take tge personal butthurt out of it, you will actually see that I was just giving a contrary arguement to a rather rigid, matter of fact blanket statement that turned out not to be tue, and I gave one personal example of why it wasn't true. If you would have said in a lot of cases, or even most cases, I probably would have agreed. But you said all cases, so Im here to tell you that, nuh-awe'. We can still be girlfriends if you want. Its cool. This weekend on Saturday, we are in Floral City at a place called Sleepy Hollow, and later that night, we will be headling the Hernando County fair. So if you are near, come hang out. But be warned, we wont be using a set list.

Okay dave fine. I still wished you would have chosen to give some good advice to the guy. Instead of picking what really isn't a very important point. You could have offered him a lot of help, but instead chose to argue who doesn't use a setlist. Maybe I'll see you and your cute honky tonk band band around. Never know.

Hey Dave...MOST BANDS...professional or not...use a set list. They use it to be able to start songs together, know what's coming up before the song ends without chit chat, songs can be arranged tio flow in and out....small refreshment breaks can be scheduled....guitar/amp settings and effects and can be set ahead of time. Automatic lighting and audio can be triggered in time. It's just a good thing to have...especially when the band has trouble starting songs together.

There....we should be all cool and square now. Hopefully...nothing there offends your sensibilities.

(edit: Odd how there was just a recent Harmony Central column about how to have a more professional show...which included having setlists. Hmmm.....very odd...that)

• Members

Click on your name in the upper right corner.

Select User Settings

Select Top Tab (shows Profile, Account, Privacy, Notifications) "Account"

Scroll Down to Conversation Detail Options

Select Edit Post Signature

Weed out the HTML that got pulled over from the old platform and select save.

Done

Thanks

Dendy

• Members
I dobt WANT to go to my user settings and redo my sig. It was fine till they jimmied it. If I go to my settings and redo it, Im just going to fill it with the max space allowed with ridiculous nonsense code. It's not my job to fox it. Its my job to show up here and just be awesome. And I've done that almost 17, 000 times. I want MY code fixed, Nurse Wratched!

And yet it took me less time and effort to fix my sig than it did you to gripe about yours.

• Members

Posting to see my newly stripped sig. Huzzah!

Wait: Edit Conversation. There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified.

Well that's a relief.

Wait again: Edit Conversation. Database error in vBulletin 5.1.0: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM cache WHERE `cacheid` = 'node_2_lvl1data' /**cache**/; MySQL Error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction Error Number : 1213 Request Date : Saturday, April 12th 2014 @ 09:52:14 PM Error Date : Saturday, April 12th 2014 @ 09:52:18 PM Script : http:///forum/create-content/text/ Referrer : http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/31114709-sig-failure/page2 IP Address : 184.154.203.107 Username : brandass Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version :

Yes indeedy, we are cooking with gas now!

• Members

OK, at least I managed to post. That's a good feeling. Now, how have folks managed to colorize the sig fonts? I select the text, click the appropriate color, and it just de-selects the text. Or I click the color and start typing, but it all comes out black, like my bowel movements. Sorry, move along, move along. Font colorization, friends: Please enlighten me.

• Members
OK, at least I managed to post. That's a good feeling. Now, how have folks managed to colorize the sig fonts? I select the text, click the appropriate color, and it just de-selects the text. Or I click the color and start typing, but it all comes out black, like my bowel movements. Sorry, move along, move along. Font colorization, friends: Please enlighten me.

Odd. I had no trouble just now changing the “Theory Challenged Hack” part of my sig to green. Just like you did, I highlighted the text, clicked on the underlined A and selected green from the palette. Worked fine.

• Members

I finally was able to select a font color and type in that color at the top of the sig. Selecting and coloring didn't work at all. And I wasn't able to type in a color other than black anywhere but at the top of the sig. So I re-typed the lower parts first in one color, then switched colors and typed in the top part. Hardly user friendly, but hopefully a one-time deal. Don't know why I'm cursed, maybe bad karma from selling a beat up MIK Squier and buying a $600 Gibson?

• Members

But, Deepend, you are completely missing the point. I am griping about my sig, not because Im disgusted about it. I am griping about my sig, because griping about my sig is fun. Why would I want to fix it when Im having so much fun griping about it? If the forum wants my sig fixed, then the forum can fix my sig.

Considering we didn't have sigs at all for a while after the return to vBulletin, I'm glad to see them again. Give it time and they'll probably get it sorted out.

Edit: I just went into my settings and edited my sig. Looks pretty much like it used to. Yay!

Yeah, the short answer is that the other forum software used HTML, and this software uses vBulletin code to format sigs. When we transferred back to vB, the sigs remained in the old html format. We have to manually re-set them / clean them up... and while I can help if someone is really stuck, I really can't help everyone (I did fix the OP's sig for him though)...

I did post instructions on how you guys can fix your sigs - you can find them right here.

Archived