The use of Equipment, putting the BS myths to rest

Zachman

• Members

I think some people are getting this thread and the raise your post count thread mixed up.

What it all comes down is opinion(s)... thing is, an opinion can be a dangerous, and as you've seen, a controversial thing.

I really don't understand why some of you are giving Zach a hard time on this subject. Or, even why you keep coming back to get more "shots" in on 'em. Do you really have nothing better to do than to push a joke (that was a little funny to begin with, I'll give ya' that) so far that it just becomes stale and pathetic? You talk about how Zach is pathetic... but wait a second, he's been helping people out whenever they have a question. Your attempts to make him appear foolish, are only backfiring. While you guys keep bumping the thread for him with your "hilarious and witty insults and pictures" :rolleyes: you're actually helping him spread more knowledge to those who are seeking it. BTW, don't you guys have, like, a hobby or something to keep you busy. Like, ohhhh IDK.... PLAYING GUITAR!!!

All this trolling, and flying insults begs the question. WHY? Why are you adament on ruining this thread, and ruining any posibility for other users to learn a little about racks. Maybe if you actually had any regard or respect for the other users on this site you would have kept the insults to a minimum. As it stand now, you've ruined any chance for anyone doing a search about racks to gain any knowledge about the subject. I'm not sure about the average user, but I wouldn't weed through this thread to find the useful nuggets of info. Luckily though, he was still able to help out those who had questions, while he defended himself.

The HCFX forum clearly states "Stomp boxes, multi-effects, and towering racks" He (Zach) and any other user who feels like it, is, and should be allowed to discuss, and exchange knowledge and product reviews without some jerk troll trying to ruin the thread with "witty" insults, and blatant attacks. I think a lot of you trolls have gone on long enough. Why aren't any of them being warned/banned Phil? I've noticed that some of these users don't even contribute to any thread they post in. There aren't any children here, so why are they allowed to act so childish without any disciplinary action(s)? I've even noticed some people e-stalking Zach just to get another jab at him in other threads. WTF.

If you don't like the ideals of this thread, stay the {censored} out. If you don't agree with Zachs opinions, stay the {censored} out. If the site of a rack thread makes you ill just seing it in the HCFX forum, STAY THE {censored} OUT!! Nobody is forcing you to do something you don't want to do. So why all the anger and negativity? HCFX forum users are allowed to discuss rack gear.... get over it, move on, ignore it, and for god sakes quit {censored}ing posting. Some of you guys aren't funny, your just old grumpy assholes. Feel free to flame me all you want, chances are, I've been called far worse, by far better people anyways.

EDIT: damn... turned out longer than I thought it would :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well said L_Z_nut.

I'm really getting tired of this thread and some of the activities I've been seeing in it.

So as of today, here's the rules:

If you want to ask questions about racks, feel free to participate in this thread.

If you just want to troll, sling insults, mock Zach or make personal attacks, please stay out of the thread.

Failure to comply will result in temp bans. Enough's enough guys. :(

If you have legit questions, or question the validity of a point being made, you can ask in here - but be forewarned: if it isn't presented in a civil manner (and it IS possible to "disagree agreeably"), you'll be walking on eggshells and risking a temp ban... so phrase your questions and make your points in a reasonable manner or else... :cop:

Thanks. :wave:

• Members
Very well said L_Z_nut.

I'm really getting tired of this thread and some of the activities I've been seeing in it.

So as of today, here's the rules:

If you want to ask questions about racks, feel free to participate in this thread.

If you just want to troll, sling insults, mock Zach or make personal attacks, please stay out of the thread.

Failure to comply will result in temp bans. Enough's enough guys.
:(

If you have legit questions, or question the validity of a point being made, you can ask in here - but be forewarned: if it isn't presented in a civil manner (and it IS possible to "disagree agreeably"), you'll be walking on eggshells and risking a temp ban... so phrase your questions and make your points in a reasonable manner or else...
:cop:

Thanks.
:wave:

Fair enough Phil, but you have to admit, Zach was practically begging to be trolled. Not to mention, no matter what the disagreement, he just could not let it go unreplied. At any rate, I've had enough of this discussion. As far as I'm concerned the sum total of useful information in this thread was contained in the first post. The rest is pretty much pure trainwreck.

IMO, Zach has every right to start a thread about rack gear, and while he has not always been the epitome of tact and has sometimes responded when he probably should have just ignored the post, he has tried to post useful, helpful information in this thread. The same can not always be said about some of his detractors / antagonists.

Zach will be held to the same standards as everyone else. If I see him starting to attack others, I'll address it. But as far as promoting his preferred effects format, I have no problem with that. Heck, I don't have a problem with a differing POV in regards to effects type, system design or utilization - just with the way some of it has been presented here.

IOW, I respect different POV's, and everyone is entitled to their own - I just ask that everyone please be more civil in presenting them, and in responding to those of others.

Thanks again. :):wave:

• Members

Zach, who makes good AC and DC power boxes? I'd like to get rid of as many wall warts as possible. I know Voodoo Lab makes some popular units, though I don't know how flexible they are.

Also, I just learned about the RJM RG-16 today. I wish I had got one of them and a GCX instead of two GCX units. The RJM would connect to my head (Road King II) with a single MIDI style cable instead of 4-8 1/4" cables. Ah! This one unit can do what two of my GCX units can do (8 audio loops and 8 amp functions).

Maybe I'll get one and have 24 audio loops available. I can see the need for that since I'm going to be switching between stereo guitar outputs on my Parkers and might experiment with using two loops to get my delays to trail into my signal after FX changes.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/rg16.php

Also, who do you recommend for MIDI cables? Preferably something without molded plastic ends. I may have to tweak pins because I believe the Rocktron All Access uses a different power setup than others.

• Members

Zach, who makes good AC and DC power boxes?

Hey Zachman,

What do you think of this?

(At the bottom of the page of the following link is a power supply called the power station. it has 5 amps. its a poorly designed site so you have to look for a link that says "click here for more info")

http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/The_GigRig_Products_UK.html

Also,

A client of mine has an endorsement with gigrig. it looks like a good company but my client says that his tech tested voodoo labs and that it didn't put out 9v and that it was crap. is that true? (i dont think so) he's kind of an endorsement whore. Voodoo labs pedal power, pedal switcher, commander, ground control, GCX, seems nice to me: simple, affordable, etc. How do they rate sensei? onegaishimasu.

• Members
The topic was based on clearing up some prevailing misconceptions, and clearly there are those who are only interested in perpetuating the ignorance, and never growing in their knowledge or understanding of what else is available in the market, and what guys (LOTS of other guys) are ACTUALLY doing.

Not to mention that it's seasoned with a good measure or indignation and condescension. You mix that with the truth and you've got a recipe for 70+ page thread.

I agree with the OP, for the most part, but what I agree with even more is the way you have stirred the pot.

Keep on stirring, zachman.
:thu:

Not to mention that it's seasoned with a good measure or indignation and condescension. You mix that with the truth and you've got a recipe for 70+ page thread.

I agree with the OP, for the most part, but what I agree with even more is the way you have stirred the pot.

Keep on stirring, zachman.

:thu:

Threads are kind of like a television. If you don't like what's on, you can always select a different channel. :idea::)

• Members

Zach, who makes good AC and DC power boxes? I'd like to get rid of as many wall warts as possible. I know Voodoo Lab makes some popular units, though I don't know how flexible they are.

Also, I just learned about the RJM RG-16 today. I wish I had got one of them and a GCX instead of two GCX units. The RJM would connect to my head (Road King II) with a single MIDI style cable instead of 4-8 1/4" cables. Ah! This one unit can do what two of my GCX units can do (8 audio loops and 8 amp functions).

Maybe I'll get one and have 24 audio loops available. I can see the need for that since I'm going to be switching between stereo guitar outputs on my Parkers and might experiment with using two loops to get my delays to trail into my signal after FX changes.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/rg16.php

Also, who do you recommend for MIDI cables? Preferably something without molded plastic ends. I may have to tweak pins because I believe the Rocktron All Access uses a different power setup than others.

Regarding AC power supplies. Dave Phillips from LA Sound Design is coming out with a new one that is the most flexible one I've heard of that is commercially available. 18V, 15V, 12V, and 9V taps with a ton of power available to run lots of pedals. I don't remember how many outlets, but I remember when he told me about them thinking that was awesome sounding.

You can contact him direct at his site:

www.lasounddesign.net

RJM makes very good products and the new switcher looks fantastic. I saw them at NAMM. Very clean look and solidly built.

RE: MIDI cables, I make my own using Canare cable, but highly recommend contacting Mark at Lavacable re: the available commercial solutions. He'd be the guy to ask, and I defer to his expertise in the cable department. Bob Bradshaw wired my rig w/ Mogami cable, and I am not sure re: the MIDI cable, but I can find out for you and let you know, if you like. Otherwise, contact Mark at Lava Cable.

Sounds like you'll have quite a rig at the finish line of your upcoming project.

Congrats. :thu:

• Members

Hey Zachman,

What do you think of this?

(At the bottom of the page of the following link is a power supply called the power station. it has 5 amps. its a poorly designed site so you have to look for a link that says "click here for more info")

Also,

A client of mine has an endorsement with gigrig. it looks like a good company but my client says that his tech tested voodoo labs and that it didn't put out 9v and that it was crap. is that true? (i dont think so) he's kind of an endorsement whore. Voodoo labs pedal power, pedal switcher, commander, ground control, GCX, seems nice to me: simple, affordable, etc. How do they rate sensei? onegaishimasu.

VooDoo Labs Pedal power 2 is a widely used power supply that a lot of guys use and have positive results. I am not familiar w/ the pedal switcher or the commander. Bob Bradshaw Custom made the power supply that I'm using on my pedal tray, and I have only had personal experience w/ the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Power supply and haven't had any issues with it, though I think a good thing for guys to consider when selecting a power supply is making sure it'll power your pedals appropriately. ex. the MXR Flangers require an 18V feed, Radial Tonebone Classic and Hot Brit require 15V feeds, and the power rating is especially important too, to make sure that enough power (Amps) is available to power your gear properly. (You probably already know this, I just figured I'd post it, so that if someone else reading didn't they would now.

The Ground Control and Ground Control Pro are good units, and seem to be a lot of bang for the buck.

Here is a controller pedal chart for your review: It makes for quick reference to comparing the features of the most popular ones available

http://www.musicplayers.com/tutorials/guitars/2006/MIDI_ComparisonChart.pdf

• Members
Yes... that is if the thread survives long enough to drop off page one again. I've been tempted to just pull it so everyone will move on...

:love: look through the pages man! 75 pages of him calling people nazi's or worse. he bumps the thread himself. he is LOOKING for confrontation. 110%. you REALLY think he just wants to talk about tack gear :idea: if he did he would take his elitist views to the rack forum. i have a strange feeling he would get the same responses.... acting like such a douche over there. :idea::idea:

• Members
:love:
look through the pages man! 75 pages of him calling people nazi's or worse. he bumps the thread himself. he is LOOKING for confrontation. 110%. you REALLY think he just wants to talk about tack gear
:idea:
if he did he would take his elitist views to the rack forum. i have a strange feeling he would get the same responses.... acting like such a douche over there.

What about all your replies to this thread. are they ON TOPIC. ..
appears you were LOOKING for 110 % confrontation yourself.

im not taking sides.

just sayin.

• Members

What about all your replies to this thread. are they ON TOPIC. ..

appears you were LOOKING for 110 % confrontation yourself.

im not taking sides.

just sayin.

+1. Don't deny that you did your fare share of fueling the fire.

• Members
I think some people are getting this thread and the raise your post count thread mixed up.

What it all comes down is opinion(s)... thing is, an opinion can be a dangerous, and as you've seen, a controversial thing.

I really don't understand why some of you are giving Zach a hard time on this subject. Or, even why you keep coming back to get more "shots" in on 'em. Do you really have nothing better to do than to push a joke (that was a little funny to begin with, I'll give ya' that) so far that it just becomes stale and pathetic? You talk about how Zach is pathetic... but wait a second, he's been helping people out whenever they have a question. Your attempts to make him appear foolish, are only backfiring. While you guys keep bumping the thread for him with your "hilarious and witty insults and pictures"
:rolleyes:
you're actually helping him spread more knowledge to those who are seeking it. BTW, don't you guys have, like, a hobby or something to keep you busy. Like, ohhhh IDK.... PLAYING GUITAR!!!

All this trolling, and flying insults begs the question. WHY? Why are you adament on ruining this thread, and ruining any posibility for other users to learn a little about racks. Maybe if you actually had any regard or respect for the other users on this site you would have kept the insults to a minimum. As it stand now, you've ruined any chance for anyone doing a search about racks to gain any knowledge about the subject. I'm not sure about the average user, but I wouldn't weed through this thread to find the useful nuggets of info. Luckily though, he was still able to help out those who had questions, while he defended himself.

The HCFX forum clearly states "Stomp boxes, multi-effects, and
towering racks
" He (Zach) and any other user who feels like it, is, and should be allowed to discuss, and exchange knowledge and product reviews without some jerk troll trying to ruin the thread with "witty" insults, and blatant attacks. I think a lot of you trolls have gone on long enough. Why aren't any of them being warned/banned Phil? I've noticed that some of these users don't even contribute to
any
thread they post in. There aren't any children here, so why are they allowed to act so childish without any disciplinary action(s)? I've even noticed some people e-stalking Zach just to get another jab at him in other threads. WTF.

If you don't like the ideals of this thread, stay the {censored} out. If you don't agree with Zachs opinions, stay the {censored} out. If the site of a rack thread makes you ill just seing it in the HCFX forum, STAY THE {censored} OUT!! Nobody is forcing you to do something you don't want to do. So why all the anger and negativity? HCFX forum users are allowed to discuss rack gear.... get over it, move on, ignore it, and for god sakes quit {censored}ing posting. Some of you guys aren't funny, your just old grumpy assholes. Feel free to flame me all you want, chances are, I've been called far worse, by far better people anyways.

EDIT: damn... turned out longer than I thought it would
:lol:

I am happy to see that there are a few guys here who aren't afraid to stand up to the BS.

Thanks, you guys are GREAT!!!!

:love:
look through the pages man! 75 pages of him calling people nazi's or worse. he bumps the thread himself. he is LOOKING for confrontation. 110%.

And you have zero room to talk, because you've been there to give it to him - in spades. :rolleyes:

you REALLY think he just wants to talk about tack gear
if he did he would take his elitist views to the rack forum. i have a strange feeling he would get the same responses.... acting like such a douche over there.

Uh... this IS the "rack" forum, and while you may not agree with his POV, the original post was 100% on-topic in this forum.

Regardless, I'm sick of all this, so thread closed. However, if I still see you (or anyone else) continuing to follow Zach around and bashing him, you'll be getting a temp ban. Fair notice.

Archived