The use of Equipment, putting the BS myths to rest

Zachman

• Members

Thanks for the resume overview. I know guys who've played for a long time that still don't know {censored} about running gear, the way I have been discussing, apparently you're one of them, too.

Working in a music store??? Where did you get that bit of silliness?

You and your sensitive nature should probably not dish it out if you can't take it.

Sensitive nature? You know what I won't go there. I don't live in Hawaii and I've been in some dark and {censored}ty places in my life. The only thing you did that pissed me off was acting like because I have a low post count that I know nothing.

I got you work in a music store from you saying that you handle sales for some family members music company in Hawaii.

Oh Btw I know people who have been playing for 30+ years and still can't play worth a {censored}. Thank god I am not one of them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You make an excellent point sir. The reality is that he has a wealth of tones from lots of albums to recreate live. I would like to believe that if he did not NEED to have the rack set up... he would not have it.... but reality is.. he does not tour without it. Listen to his last solo tour recordings... it sounds brilliant... and it's all through his rack gear.

Actually the solo tour was a new tube-buffered effects board from Cornish, surely not cheap but definitely simplier than the mega rack.

http://home.comcast.net/~jroscoe/CornishQnA.html

• Members

Sensitive nature? You know what I won't go there. I don't live in Hawaii and I've been in some dark and {censored}ty places in my life. The only thing you did that pissed me off was acting like because I have a low post count that I know nothing.

I got you work in a music store from you saying that you handle sales for some family members music company in Hawaii.

Oh Btw I know people who have been playing for 30+ years and still can't play worth a {censored}. Thank god I am not one of them.

You know what, I apologize for being so abrasive. You are obviously a knowledgeable, and passionate guy with gear and music, and we need more guys like you here.

I admit, sometimes my nerves get a bit raw with the kindergarten antics here, and I must've just taken it out on you. Sorry again.

• Members
First off I know you went back to pedals after a rack because when Zach was talking about you not wiring up your rig correctly I said something about it (after you had ignored him). Second I don't close my mind to anything. Thats why I made the statement about Absynth/Reaktor. If I was a "nazi purist" or close minded I wouldn't consider running my guitar through a soft synth. I have no problem with what anyone uses. Like I have said ANYTHING can produce a good sound if used in the right context. Finally I am not sure where my playing will be in 1 year, 5 years, or 10 years and I have no idea what I will be playing, what the current gear trends will be, or how advanced music equipment in general will be. I constantly change my playing and my gear. I am always looking for something more, and I am not cutting off ANY options. I don't care if it took up a whole 6 space rack and was just a tremelo if I like what it does for my sound then I will have it.

:thu::thu::thu:

hey man, I hope I did not come off as seeming that I was calling you a "nazi purist"... i never intended that inflection at all.... AT ALL!!!! My comments were not DIRECTED at ya man... just making comments in general.... seriously, its all good..... AND T H A N K Y O U!!! for understanding my opinions earlier in the thread... it was good to have some support. :thu:

• Members

Actually the solo tour was a new tube-buffered effects board from Cornish, surely not cheap but definitely simplier than the mega rack.

Yes yes.... actually... here is a page with a description of his new tube driven board with rack system, and some pics.....http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=218

• Members
You know what, I apologize for being so abrasive. You are obviously a knowledgeable, and passionate guy with gear and music, and we need more guys like you here.

I admit, sometimes my nerves get a bit raw with the kindergarten antics here, and I must've just taken it out on you. Sorry again.

:thu: I'm sorry too. Didn't mean to be an ass. Come here big guy let me give you a hug.

:wave:

• Members
:thu:

hey man, I hope I did not come off as seeming that I was calling you a "nazi purist"... i never intended that inflection at all.... AT ALL!!!! My comments were not DIRECTED at ya man... just making comments in general.... seriously, its all good..... AND T H A N K Y O U!!! for understanding my opinions earlier in the thread... it was good to have some support.

Nah you didn't come off that way. Sometimes I am not the best at expressing what I mean with words. So I wanted to be sure you understood where I am coming from.

• Members

you own all this stuff?

Perhaps you could tell me how to do Diatonic pitch shifting with just a guitar, and explain what is so confusing about this being the effects forum, chucklehead?

You don't seem to bright. I rent a lot of my gear out for rentals as a sound reinforcement company. see...

gear%20pics%20005.jpg

gear%20pics%20013.jpg

• Members

That you are an innocuous poster who fails to present lols?

Yup, he posts that as though I should be ashamed of it. I LOVE that picture. It shows that I don't always use a huge rig when I play, and reminds me of how much I got paid at that gig. :lol:

He is just a nobody, but an internet troll, and upset that I am financially independent, living in paradise, and own all the gear that his stuff yearns to be when it grows up, but NEVER will.

sdresdre, you shouldn't be so jealous, which all your posts suggest you, in fact ARE. You may say you're not, but your fascinating attention seeking behavior says otherwise. :p Though that picture does probably tell you everything that you need to know. More knowledge will likely not help you, and that picture doesn't tell you much of anything about racks does it? Moron

Your rig, assuming you play (which I doubt, yes even though you posted those "clips") will NEVER sound as good as the one I built, or any of the others that I've built for myself or others. The fact that you can't see beyond your limited imagination, as to what is possible, with the gear that you down play, speaks more toward your ineptness, and ignorance than anything else. And SORRY to tell you and your cohorts, pedals will NEVER accomplish what is possible with the Big Rack, full of the BEST stuff. You can try to convince yourself otherwise, but you aren't fooling anyone but yourselves.

BTW, I am not trying to convince you or anyone else... I've played with the gear that you guys hoist up on a pedestal, and it doesn't come close. The fact that you haven't played with my stuff, makes your point of view totally lacking in any frame of reference.

• Members
Yup, he posts that as though I should be ashamed of it. I LOVE that picture. It shows that I don't always use a huge rig when I play, and reminds me of how much I got paid at that gig.
:lol:

He is just a nobody, but an internet troll, and upset that I am financially independent, living in paradise, and own all the gear that his stuff yearns to be when it grows up, but NEVER will.

sdresdre, you shouldn't be so jealous, which all your posts suggest you, in fact ARE. You may say you're not, but your fascinating attention seeking behavior says otherwise.
:p
Though that picture does probably tell you everything that you need to know. More knowledge will likely not help you, and that picture doesn't tell you much of anything about racks does it? Moron

Your rig, assuming you play (which I doubt, yes even though you posted those "clips") will NEVER sound as good as the one I built, or any of the others that I've built for myself or others. The fact that you can't see beyond your limited imagination, as to what is possible, with the gear that you down play, speaks more toward your ineptness, and ignorance than anything else. And SORRY to tell you and your cohorts, pedals will NEVER accomplish what is possible with the Big Rack, full of the BEST stuff. You can try to convince yourself otherwise, but you aren't fooling anyone but yourselves.

BTW, I am not trying to convince you or anyone else... I've played with the gear that you guys hoist up on a pedestal, and it doesn't come close. The fact that you haven't played with my stuff, makes your point of view totally lacking in any frame of reference.

didnt read :blah::bor:

• Members

how many chins do you have? i count three.
:love:
H O T

zachhhhhhhys3.jpg
By
sdresdre

How old are you? 12 You seem to think your evaluation of my appearance is supposed to mean something poignant? I'm not into trying into impress dudes w/ my looks. Obviously I am so fascinating to you, that you are scouring my website. Creepy

Here is a couple of more current pics

l_be73c7730d72f20544ca794939a5a5c2.jpg

guitargeeks07.JPG

Archived