• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you forgot #8:

Trolls will say, "your huge pile of rack gear is absurd and sounds like shit."

A. Often

B. Sometimes

C. It doesn't matter, because they are non-productive morons anyway, and they wouldn't know good tone if it bit them

D. All of the above

FIXED

and the correct answer is D

:lol:

• Members

For teh average player a DD-2 is just a good as the TC 2290 live if
"Audience members may not be able to articulate what is different"
as it's the portability / ease of use live etc which is the advantage To teh guitarist).

Personally when gigging I like to have as little kit as possible for ease of setup, security, "tone loss"
:(
, fault finding when it goes wrong etc.

Perhaps it's because they (The average player) are "average". Just saying

The audience member may not be able to articulate what is different, but I pose that they perceive the difference, they just can't articulate it. Subtle difference, but seriously notable.

The last thing you wrote was good... I edited my original list to include your statement, and addressed the flaws with it, there.

• Members

By all means, keep buying rack gear!!!! It's something I'm not interested in, personally. The more people that want that stuff, the lower the prices will be for all the shit I'm looking for!

You don't realize that rack gear can include pedals, mounted on a rack tray through a more efficient switching system, allowing for quieter, efficient use of their gear, less wear and tear on their pedals, and automated presets eliminating tap dancing? Hmmm...

Here check it out... Just an example: AND, NO it doesn't have to be that elaborate, for those on a budget, that somehow find the ability to spend a fortune on a ton of pedals, then hook them up in the worst possible way, ensuring massive capacitive build up, by hooking 20 freakin pedals up in series. hehehehehhe :rolleyes:

P6140593.jpg

• Members

By all means, keep buying rack gear!!!! It's something I'm not interested in, personally. The more people that want that stuff, the lower the prices will be for all the {censored} I'm looking for!

Absolutely... Please feel free to use all the lower priced "{censored}", as you put it, that you like to look for.

That is punny

• Members

Why do you feel the need to preach to us? We don't care.

I've noticed that the guys that "don't care", sure do talk a lot of shit, to people who do. I've noticed that guys who, "Don't care" sure do spend a lot of money on boutique pedals, modifying pedals, and old vintage noisy pedals, only to hook them up in the most inefficient way possible too. What's with that... cupcake???

They complain that the rack stuff is expensive, yet I've built racks that operate far more efficiently and quietly, with infinitely more flexibility, in terms of ease of use, for FAR less $$$ than some guys spend on pedals.

And finally, because I want to help bring awareness to the FACT that rack gear can include pedals, mounted on a rack tray through a more efficient switching system, allowing for quieter, efficient use of their gear, less wear and tear on their pedals, and allow for automated presets- eliminating tap dancing, and helping to improve their tone, as it seems that not many guys realize the option is out there.

Plus the troll's BS is just ignorant, and I want to bring awareness of a better way, for gear users and tone chasers, to use the gear that they spend their money on.

Just an observation, but it seems to me, that if this seems like preaching, some of you are too damn sensitive, and closed minded. :idea:

• Members
I've noticed that the guys that "don't care", sure do talk a lot of shit, to people who do. I've noticed that guys who, "Don't care" sure do spend a lot of money on boutique pedals, modifying pedals, and old vintage noisy pedals, only to hook them up in the most inefficient way possible too. What's with that... cupcake???

They complain that the rack stuff is expensive, yet I've built racks that operate far more efficiently and quietly, with infinitely more flexibility, in terms of ease of use, for FAR less $$$ than some guys spend on pedals.

And finally, because I want to help bring awareness to the FACT that rack gear can include pedals, mounted on a rack tray through a more efficient switching system, allowing for quieter, efficient use of their gear, less wear and tear on their pedals, and allow for automated presets- eliminating tap dancing, and helping to improve their tone, as it seems that not many guys realize the option is out there.

Plus the troll's BS is just ignorant, and I want to bring awareness of a better way, for gear users and tone chasers, to use the gear that they spend their money on.

Just an observation, but it seems to me, that if this seems like preaching, some of you are too damn sensitive, and closed minded.
:idea:

...and why are you preaching at us again? Did Hendrix use a rack? Page? Rack is Wack.

• Members

Are you trying to convince us or yourself here Zach? You seem to spend alot of time on here convincing us that all the expensive {censored} you own is worth the money you payed for it.

Oh and calling out people for making broad generalizations by you yourself making a broad generalization doesnt really work.

• Members

Not wanting to take your arguments into a new direction (well.. yes I actually do), but can you elaborate on this pedal switching rack device you are saying. I am one of the fools who has a great deal of pedals and I have been going about looking for efficient ways to set them up, but I never considered putting them on a rack.

Plus I'm far to lazy to try and use the messed up search function here. So I figured I would take this opportunity to ask. :D

• Members

Rack gear is often times so feature laden that it can be intimidating for the average user. It's hard to deny that in many applications rack gear has far superior sound and many more capabilities.

I've seen Mark Karan and other guitarists control vintage effects via midi and bradshaw switching systems and if I were a touring musician that would be one of my first investments. In the meantime, a true bypass strip on my pedal board will do.

Zachman, if you like the gear you use and it sounds good what do you care what other people think?

• Members

i'm with zachman on this one.

people used to give me {censored} for running a stack and 16u rack.

strangely enough, it was always the same people playing through a marshall mg series amp, a boss ds1 and crappo strat.

they knew all about teh tonez alright

• Members

Just an observation, but it seems to me, that if this seems like preaching, some of you are too damn sensitive, and closed minded.
:idea:

Some people like to plug and play. no plan, no design, just putting your guitar into your pedals, into an amp. Doesn't matter how noisy or inefficient it is, doesn't matter. It's for the enjoyment of the player and listeners. If it sounds good, screw it.

Also, rack gear is useless for a guy who plays at home, or at small shows that they make little money at. Who cares if a TC Electronics 90210 or whatever has the absolute pinnacle of sound quality? It's expensive, and it's a waste for the guys who don't need it. You're just bragging about how you have alot of good gear. While it might be a great for you, it's not for most people.

• Members

i'm with zachman on this one.

people used to give me shit for running a stack and 16u rack.

strangely enough, it was always the same people playing through a marshall mg series amp, a boss ds1 and crappo strat.

they knew all about teh tonez alright

And how many gigs did you need that stack? :rolleyes:

Archived