ZVEX would be proud....

• Members

Up for auction is the AXS Effects Sparle Boost. It has been consructed to the exact specifications of the original pedal(which has been designed by Z*ex). This is your chance to get this great pedal.

This magic little box (the size of an MXR box) is for the Purist, whether you're a Guitarist, a Bassist, whether your thing is Jazz, Rock, Acoustic/Electric, or Heavy Rock.

This is the perfect preamp pedal. The "Feedback Fine" volume knob is a negative-feedback control styled after classic 60's recording console inputs. (They crackled when adjusted too.) Most vintage guitars suffer from steadily deteriorating magnets in their pickups, since permanent magnets aren't really forever. The Sparkle-Boost's input impedance is so high (>5 Meg) that it refuses any current flow from your pickup... maintaining the most magnetic field around each string, so you can hear exactly what your pickup sounded like the day it came off the winder. The ouput level can exceed 8 volts peak, and when it finally distorts, the wave is shaped like triode overload, not fuzz.

It's so transparent no one will be able to tell you're using a pedal. Perfect for making the most of a classic amp and guitar, because it simply makes your guitar bigger and pushes the amp harder, causing natural overload. This sound can be the solution to the 'disappearing guitar' effect you get sometimes on stage when you stomp on your distortion and sound weaker. When cranked, it sounds much louder than a fuzz or distortion under stage conditions.

The Sparkle-Boost gives you the feeling that your amp is cranked at living room volumes so clean playing is more dynamic

• Members

i find it funny that the sample demo, is a link to the zvex sho demo

Building a clone for your own enjoyment is fine by me. Building several for commercial sales is starting to get shady. Building (commercially) something that looks similar to the original item, using the original's name in your ebay ads and the ad copy from the original maker's site and linking to that maker's demos is really pushing it...

If I built pedals for sale, I'd much rather put my own name/design/spin on the box, instead of simply trying to ride on someone else's back... The innards can be ever so similar (after all, the SHO circuit is not very complicated, so whichever way you build a single-ended booster around a Mosfet transistor, you'd end up with something in that region), but at least make an effort to make the package a little individual... :rolleyes:

/Andreas

• Members

i think this is tacky.

if he cloned it into a box that didnt look the same and didnt assciate with the zvex pedal, thats cool.

but this is just kinda retarded. i hope mr. vex stays away from this thread and kinda leaves it alone, but i have to agree that this isnt so cool.

Archived