OT : Is the economy affecting your buying?

Aaron SS

• Members

As the title states.

Ive noticed a few things lately that might suggest so. It seems there are smaller pedalboards (that maybe be because people just want smaller setups, i dont know), more trading and less buying, as well as an increase in DIY interest. So ya with that said is this the case with you guys or simply a fluke?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been buying less stuff lately, but that has been due to other circumstances. The "financial crisis" doesn't affect me that much. The exchange rates have become worse for me, though. Buying gear from the US has become 20% more expensive during the last couple of months, but it's still a lot cheaper than buying from Norwegian stores.

• Members

Not me.

My hourly pay is still the same. My bills haven't changed. And the price of gas is even going down.

No problems here.

+1

i think i am buying more due to finding good deals. i want to stop though just because i need to be better about saving

• Members

I don't think that it's affected me too much. My desire for stuff changes, and I think that's what persuades my GAS. Not so much the economy. But with large purchases, I think I mainly wait for my wife to green light it.

• Members

The pharmacy I work at seems to be doing ok. Got a small raise earlier this year. We also hired two more pharmacists, so that makes 10 of us, a few techs and one very hot intern.

As far as buying stuff. Pedals are getting kind of boring to me. I want to indulge into some amps.

• Members

The pharmacy I work at seems to be doing ok. Got a small raise earlier this year. We also hired two more pharmacists, so that makes 10 of us, a few techs and one very hot intern.

As far as buying stuff. Pedals are getting kind of boring to me. I want to indulge into some amps.

healthcare is a pretty safe place to be. my place of work is making schedules for doctors so i feel pretty safe right now

Archived