OT : Is the economy affecting your buying?

Aaron SS

• Members

Yes, the economy has affected my buying - I'm spending more.

I'm earning more than I was a couple of years ago, my mortgage is lower, and my tax bill has dropped (we moved a couple of months ago, cashed out of our house, and bought a less-expensive, larger house in a different town).

Right now, I'm just waiting for the market to finish falling so I can buy back in at the bottom.....it will be the best investment opportunity in the past 20 years!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely, or maybe it's the fact that work has been scarce these past few months. I had to sell some wicked stuff that I wasn't using but would have been good to have.

I now am downsizing my pedalboard and keeping only a few "extras".

Even one of my favourite amp has to go. It's really sad but at the same time, I have to invest in microphones and such for work, to have better tools...

• Members

I'd would say that the economy always affects my buying and selling.

But I personally haven't been affected by the wall st economic crisis, or noticed any difference.

all my wall st stuff is long term and has crashed but its not money that i use daily and therefore hasn't spilled into my monthly/weekly budget

• Members

The pharmacy I work at seems to be doing ok. Got a small raise earlier this year. We also hired two more pharmacists, so that makes 10 of us, a few techs and one very hot intern.

As far as buying stuff. Pedals are getting kind of boring to me. I want to indulge into some amps.

My dads a pharmacist. Good work right there, he just started looking for a new job because he doesn't like the people he works for now, the amount of offers he gets is ridiculous.

As far as my spending, im in high school so no taxes outside of my paycheck from work. So the economy hasn't really affected me. I haven't bought anything in awhile though because im saving for an amp.

• Members
Being unemployed is affecting my buying, not the economy. The economy isn't what made me unemployed either, so all in all the economy has pretty much nothing to do with anything as far as I can tell...
:idk:

I'm in the same boat exactly.....the only affect I can see is that getting back to work might be hindered ...... but that is always the case right before an election....all the companies have a tendency to wait before putting staffing plans in place......

• Members

I'm always a little thrifty. I sell stuff to buy stuff usually.

yeah, me too. i always pay cash or have something to exchange, so i never use my card (personal rule). The exchnage rate only kills me when i send something home to save or invest in, thank god..

• Members

I'm selling 7 guitars locally at the moment
and I notice there's not much activity is the sales dept.
these days it's all about trading or lowball offers
I must admit that I have been tlaking prices down myself successfully
it's a good time to buy stuff and I want to buy stuff
but in order to do so, I first need to sell something
:mad:

I can't bring myself to spend more money on gear
I can't justify it
as a lot of people, I've lost a considerably amount of money I had invested in the bank, I only need that money in 10 years, and I didn't expect it to evaporate
:cry:

Archived