So why WOULDN'T you buy a PRS?

english_bob

• Members

OK, so PRS is a brand that provokes some pretty sharp differences of opinion. Either they're amazing, high quality instruments, or they're doctors' and lawyers' toys. Some praise their distinctive toanz and buttah-like playability, others would argue there is no quicker way to identify A Douche, than by this, his axe of choice.

What say you, sirs? Why would you never buy a PRS? Why DO you want a PRS? Why'd you sell yours? Why will you NEVER sell it?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one custom 24 with Dragon II pickups, plays and sounds great. I definitely would sell it if the price was right. the neck is a little on the small side for my taste but it was an impulse ebay purchase so i didn't get to try it before i bought it might not of based on the neck feel. but all and all they are solid guitars IMHO.

• Members
I had serious PRS Mira GAS.

Until I played one.

Feels like a plastic shell, sounds like muddy butt. Made me very sad.

Maybe if they had one with a thin finish and a maple/maple neck?

:lol: a thin finish

have you convinced yourself you can actually hear the finish on a guitar

• Members

:lol:
a thin finish

have you convinced yourself you can actually hear the finish on a guitar

You misunderstand me.

Notice I said "It felt like A PLASTIC SHELL"

I'm attributing the way the guitar felt to a far-too-thick finish. And hey, all things being equal, a finish would affect the way that the wood of a guitar vibrates.

THUS "changing" the way it sounds...(although most likely the change would be so imperceptible as to be impossible to quantize).

• Members

The Hollowbody II is my dream guitar, and I could have probably bought by now (considering all the money spent on other gear) BUT

- I'd be to worried about nicks, dents and other cosmetic wear

- I'd go paranoid about carrying a guitar worth 3000+ bucks

- It costs 3000 bucks

- Nickelback

- Nickelback

• Members

i would not say never, but currently i would not buy a prs, cause i don't need another solid body guitar, don't care about their hollow body modells

so next guitar for me will be something like an es335/ric330/gretsch alike.

my main problem i need a lefty...

oh this would be another point for me not to buy prs, cause they don't support lefty modells anymore...

• Members

Supplementary question for those who voted and/or commented "Nickelback" or similar:

Are all PRS guitars tarred equally with the douche brush, or is a particularly quilted private stock-er with bird inlays douch-ier than a plainer model?

Do bird inlays denote greater douchebaggery than moons?
Is a Santana model douchebaggier than a Singlecut, or a Custom 22?
Your vote for most/least douche-friendly PRS?

• Members

I had an SE model that was pretty good. Somewhat generic though, and ultimately it didn't have "soul" like a good Tele or strat. But it was good. I imagine the much more expensive USA models would be great. I would get a USA singlecut without a doubt. Expensive though, biggest deterrent for me. I don't care or mind that Nickelback plays them or anyone else for that matter. Stupid reason not to buy/play a guitar that you may otherwise love.

Archived