So why WOULDN'T you buy a PRS?

english_bob

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They just feel soul-less to me. Im not saying they're not well crafted or constructed. They definitely are. But they just lack a soul...maybe it's the imperfections of a tele, les paul, etc. that makes me feel that they have something unique and special. I don't know. What I do know is that playing a PRS is fine...they play well and sound fine but I have no emotional feeling at all when playing them. So..soul-less is my best way to describe them

• Members
They just feel soul-less to me. Im not saying they're not well crafted or constructed. They definitely are. But they just lack a soul...maybe it's the imperfections of a tele, les paul, etc. that makes me feel that they have something unique and special. I don't know. What I do know is that playing a PRS is fine...they play well and sound fine but I have no emotional feeling at all when playing them. So..soul-less is my best way to describe them

:confused:

• Members
:confused:

ha..does that make no sense? I'm trying equate it to something else so the comparison makes sense. It's sort of like watching American Idol singers...sure many of them can hit the same notes as the original artists but they lack the feel and emotional connection of the originals. With PRS guitars, it just feels like i'm playing a cold instrument. Very well constructed..but no emotional attachment. Like a keyboard vs. a grand piano..

no? still doesn't work? :)

• Members
ha..does that make no sense? I'm trying equate it to something else so the comparison makes sense.
It's sort of like watching American Idol singers...sure many of them can hit the same notes as the original artists but they lack the feel and emotional connection of the originals
. With PRS guitars, it just feels like i'm playing a cold instrument. Very well constructed..but no emotional attachment. Like a keyboard vs. a grand piano..

no? still doesn't work?
:)

You're kinda blaming the artist rather than the equipment.

• Members

They don't sound right, they don't feel right. Just not for me at all. I love my tele and my mini humbucker reverend. They just have character. PRS just seem bleh. They look nice but I agree with a post above that they lack soul. That's a good way to describe it.

• Members

I have a guitar I got in a trade from a small luthier that is one of the absolute best playing guitars I've ever touched... I love it to death. but... it looks like a PRS with a quilted maple top instead of the PRS flame. its kinda funny the reactions it gets... some people love it, some people immediately hate it 'cause they think its a PRS... but holy god it plays like nothing else I've ever used. I love it though, PRS look or not. :thu:

Oh, and I voted Nickelback :lol:

• Members

I want to try the Hiland and 245 models. I've played a couple (CE22 I *think*) some years back and it just felt wrong - very lifeless, together with uncomfortable neck shape. A lot of the clips made to demo them sound just dreadful, but Doc Jeffrey on HCEGF did a fantastic clip.

• Members
I'd like one of the hollowbody ones

25233.JPG

i'm with robo - i bought a schecter semihollow because it'll be a few years until i can afford one of these bad boys...the schecter's pretty sweet, BTW - piezo pickup too, check it out if you get the chance...schecter c/sh-1...

• Members

One reason: too darn small. I am large, and a PRS looks goofy on me & feels like a toy. I like big slabs of wood.

are you the large man in your avatar? anything less than a flying v would look goofy on you. no disrespect, jes' sayin' because of your outfit...:poke:

• Members

My PRS was my main axe for years. I've had it since '98, before there was a Nickelback. Of course, bands like Collective Soul and Incubus were using them back then but that's not why I wanted one. Ten years ago they were still considered nice guitars because they hadn't saturated the market. I'll never get rid of it as it was a gift from my dad.

Archived