So why WOULDN'T you buy a PRS?

english_bob

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Here, allow me to add some fuel to the flames. This is my pretentious custom 24. I'm not a dentist or a lawyer though. I guess that narrows it down to artless douche then.
:lol:

prs.jpg

Gotta go with cobalt-60 here, no offense to you but that is {censored}ing hideous.

• Members
These are some of the worst 'opinions' I have ever read

How can a guitar be pretentious? They are well made with quality materials and they are very consistent in their manufacture. Changing the sound is a matter of swapping pickups - a 20 minute job.

Seriously now folks

main1.jpg

Dude, if I'm paying $3K for a guitar, I shouldn't have to change the pickups... I shouldn't have to change ANYTHING. Instead, why shouldn't I sort through mid-range gear to find the best dual humbucker axe I can... then replace the pickups on that?

Oh, wait. That's exactly what I did...

• Members

To each their own but imo the reason why there's birds on the neck flying down towards the body is because the birds are going to poop on it. What a fugly guitar.

Here, allow me to add some fuel to the flames. This is my pretentious custom 24. I'm not a dentist or a lawyer though. I guess that narrows it down to artless douche then.

prs.jpg

• Members

Jesus Christ, that's not a guitar, that's a frying pan.

These are some of the worst 'opinions' I have ever read

How can a guitar be pretentious? They are well made with quality materials and they are very consistent in their manufacture. Changing the sound is a matter of swapping pickups - a 20 minute job.

Seriously now folks

main1.jpg

• Members

prs.jpg

I have to wonder how much of the "pretty" factor is attached to "expensive". It's ironic- when I see a PRS in a store, my automatic response is "oooooo"... just like when I see a Porsche in a parking lot. There's a level of prestige that goes along with it. PRS set out to make a doctor/lawyer guitar that everyone would want, and they did a good job at creating that prestige.

Without that prestige, though, would the PRS be anything more than a Hamer ripoff?

Archived