WIIO Into Production

CrystalLake

• Members

Speaking of TF.... here's a question: If/when this goes into production, will it still be a ToneFactor exclusive?

In August 2009 Brad at Tonefactor.com asked us to make something special for the public.

I wonder what Brad thinks about all of this. :idk:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mind is blown that anyone who got one of the first 100 (without the intention to flip) is all pissy that they're possibly making more. Holy {censored}, big {censored}ing deal. It's a guitar pedal, and a dirt pedal at that.

Not only that, but who really gives a {censored} in real life? Are you really concerned what a bunch of anonymous people care about on a forum? If you told one of your non musician friends "OH DUDE I GOT THIS {censored}IN ULTRA RARE DISTORTION PEDAL ONLY 100 MADE!", they'd probably look at you with a "cool story, bro".

So with that said, cool story, bro.

• Members

Speaking of TF.... here's a question: If/when this goes into production, will it still be a ToneFactor exclusive?

I wonder what Brad thinks about all of this.
:idk:

I don't think brad would mind having exclusive rights to sell it, given that it was originally his request. But I would hope he would also be understanding that Catalinbread is a business too, and if they think they can make money off a new production pedal that they designed.... well why not?

• Members

I heard the clips, and it seems like a cool pedal but not my style. Whether it stays limited or not doesn't really affect my decision to pass on the pedal.

Looks like there is a difference between the first 100 than the "production" model (less gain). If the C-bread guys are smart they'll do different colors/graphics on the production model so the ltd ones will still look and sound different.

• Members

My mind is blown that anyone who got one of the first 100 (without the intention to flip) is all pissy that they're possibly making more. Holy {censored}, big {censored}ing deal. It's a guitar pedal, and a dirt pedal at that.

Here's a hint... anyone that has one who is pissy but says they don't care about resale value is a liar. :lol:

• Members

Not only that, but who really gives a {censored} in real life? Are you really concerned what a bunch of anonymous people care about on a forum? If you told one of your non musician friends "OH DUDE I GOT THIS {censored}IN ULTRA RARE DISTORTION PEDAL ONLY 100 MADE!", they'd probably look at you with a "cool story, bro".

So with that said, cool story, bro.

I agree, its ridiculous. I'd love to see more people playing catalinbread stuff, and the WIIO is too good to hoard in a limited run if there is sufficient demand. I was never planning on selling mine for profit either if I didn't like it, but then again karma hasn't really helped me so far in my gear search :cry:.

• Members

Reputation aside, can you name a scenario where I flipped something for max profit?

I'm not going to lie, I've nailed down some good deals and made a few bucks here or there.... but I'll be damned if anyone can accuse me of taking advantage.

I wasn't suggesting that you were 'taking advantage' .. but that it's to your advantage if no more are made. I'm just pointing out that your standpoint doesn't suprise me..... I'm sure I would feel the same too.

point being you have too much a vested interest in it to be subjective and see things from the other side.

....oh and {censored} WIIO threads.

• Members

I don't think brad would mind having exclusive rights to sell it, given that it was originally his request. But I would hope he would also be understanding that Catalinbread is a business too, and if they think they can make money off a new production pedal that they designed.... well why not?

I'm fine with whatever happens......... honestly. Money is out there to be made and if people will pay for it, what sense would it really make for Cbread not to put it into production?

Here's a truckload of money.... you want it?

So yeah, if they make it, great. If not, whatever. I don't really care. Fact is, I bought the pedal because I loved the sound of the Model H but couldn't justify spending that much on a {censored}ing dirt pedal. This one came out and was actually in my price range.... so I bought it w/ the sincere hope that it'd do what I was looking for.

You should know that Justin.... I told you about the damn thing.

All that said, I agree with the sentiment that things offered as being "limited edition" should remain that way. My opinion. I'm entitled to it. Have vs. Have Not.

• Members

I know how it works... but that doesn't stop me from thinking this whole thing is bull{censored}.

If anything, I think Cbread comes out of this looking worse for wear.

This coming from the guy who smoked his the day he got it, and we bend over backwards to take care of him.

:rolleyes:

• Members

This coming from the guy who smoked his the day he got it, and we bend over backwards to take care of him.

:rolleyes:

Don't take it that way, Mike. I love what you guys do and am VERY appreciative for the customer service... I just think that when you say something is limited, then it should be. Period.

But there's a decent amount of money there for the taking -- so how the hell could you turn it down??

I'd do the same thing. Honest.

• Members

i'm gonna buy one just to reward cbread's actions. they are listening to their customers and giving them what they want. this is the kind of behavior we should reward.

to people crying that they aren't special anymore, and even calling out cbread's credibility on this: HAHA!

• Members

I never said we are not making anymore. I did say over and over we have no plans to do so. There is a difference. Why are we not planning to put the WIIO into production?

#1 We have 3-4 new pedals we are developing with scheduled releases every other month for the next 6 months.

#2 We are swamped with the demand of the 8 other pedals we make as it is. We have to build some 50 pedals a day just to keep up. Stefanie and I have been working 7 days a week the past month. The rest of the crew is adding an additional day.

Where do we find room to make the WIIO a standard offering? Hire more help is the only option and I consider that a big commitment.

I appreciate your opinions doods I really do. But some of the stuff folks type here are really a bummer cause they couldn't be further from the truth.

• Members

All that said, I agree with the sentiment that things offered as being "limited edition" should remain that way. My opinion. I'm entitled to it. Have vs. Have Not.

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I'm with you and I didn't (and have no desire to) buy one.

Nobody thinks it's kind of a dick move on Cbread's part to maket something as limited to get dudes to buy it and then put it in production? So it's a dirt pedal, yeah, but people collect dirt pedals. Cbread knows that, took advantage of it (and all the inevitable hype of a limited run pedal), then stopped it from being a collectors item.

I just put myself in a situation of a collector (btw, who cares if it's stupid it collect dirt pedals? What things do people collect that AREN'T stupid to collect? Stamps, coins, those aren't stupid at all). Maybe I have no cash, but this pedal comes out so I charge it or maybe sell something else that I like so that I can get this limited item. Bam, a month later it's in production. That would piss me off a little, too.

edit: well, I wrote all that before the above post. Guess I missed the "no plans to" nuance in the run up to the sale.

• Members

lulz.

I agree -- this doesn't affect me as I'm not planning to sell mine. I mean, if I had mine in the SPAM thread with a massive pricetag I'd consider what Simon said justified. At this point however, I don't. And don't have plans to.

Don't take it that way, Mike. I love what you guys do and am VERY appreciative for the customer service... I just think that when you say something is limited, then it should be. Period.

But there's a decent amount of money there for the taking -- so how the hell could you turn it down??

I'd do the same thing. Honest.

Hey Nick. I can refund you your Tonefactor purchase price, after all I have a burned up WIIO here of yours. This work for you? Period.

Archived