WIIO Into Production

CrystalLake

• Members

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I'm with you and I didn't (and have no desire to) buy one.

Nobody thinks it's kind of a dick move on Cbread's part to maket something as limited to get dudes to buy it and then put it in production? So it's a dirt pedal, yeah, but people collect dirt pedals. Cbread knows that, took advantage of it (and all the inevitable hype of a limited run pedal), then stopped it from being a collectors item.

I just put myself in a situation of a collector (btw, who cares if it's stupid it collect dirt pedals? What things do people collect that AREN'T stupid to collect? Stamps, coins, those aren't stupid at all). Maybe I have no cash, but this pedal comes out so I charge it or maybe sell something else that I like so that I can get this limited item. Bam, a month later it's in production. That would piss me off a little, too.

First - we marketed NOTHING. It was never on our website, and it was all done through one small message board. If that's what you consider marketing something, you might wanna stay in business school.

Aside from the very few custom shop pedals we've made this year, we don't make stuff for collectors - we make stuff for players and price it accordingly. If you bought a CBread pedal to put on a shelf, you're doing it wrong.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mind is blown that anyone who got one of the first 100 (without the intention to flip) is all pissy that they're possibly making more. Holy {censored}, big {censored}ing deal. It's a guitar pedal, and a dirt pedal at that.

Not only that, but who really gives a {censored} in real life? Are you really concerned what a bunch of anonymous people care about on a forum? If you told one of your non musician friends "OH DUDE I GOT THIS {censored}IN ULTRA RARE DISTORTION PEDAL ONLY 100 MADE!", they'd probably look at you with a "cool story, bro".

So with that said, cool story, bro.

I love you, man.

• Members

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I'm with you and I didn't (and have no desire to) buy one.

Nobody thinks it's kind of a dick move on Cbread's part to maket something as limited to get dudes to buy it and then put it in production? So it's a dirt pedal, yeah, but people collect dirt pedals. Cbread knows that, took advantage of it (and all the inevitable hype of a limited run pedal), then stopped it from being a collectors item.

I just put myself in a situation of a collector (btw, who cares if it's stupid it collect dirt pedals? What things do people collect that AREN'T stupid to collect? Stamps, coins, those aren't stupid at all). Maybe I have no cash, but this pedal comes out so I charge it or maybe sell something else that I like so that I can get this limited item. Bam, a month later it's in production. That would piss me off a little, too.

edit: well, I wrote all that before the above post. Guess I missed the "no plans to" nuance in the run up to the sale.

They didn't advertise it to force people to scramble to buy it. If it went straight into normal production they'd easily sell 100 of them the first day. They didn't need the "limited" factor to sell them. It was meant to generate interest in tonefactor and the forums there... which it did.

If you do collect anything else you know this kind of thing happens all the time. No reason for people to get all butthurt because they can't sell their pedal for a huge profit.

• Members
First - we marketed NOTHING. It was never on our website, and it was all done through one small message board. If that's what you consider marketing something, you might wanna stay in business school.

Aside from the very few custom shop pedals we've made this year, we don't make stuff for collectors - we make stuff for players and price it accordingly. If you bought a CBread pedal to put on a shelf, you're doing it wrong.

Hey, I didn't buy one, I'm more interested in the Ampeg-In-A-Box. I just understand the POV of someone who did and is irked about it. :idk:

• Members

Where do we find room to make the WIIO a standard offering? Hire more help is the only option and I consider that a big commitment.

I agree w/ this. The worst thing that C-bread could do is take this hype, hire more people, then when the demand drops down they've gotta start laying people off.

FTR, I like my limited edition Hyperpak II. ;)

• Members

I am out of here. I refuse to hang out in a place where people call me a dick or dick move etc. Done. I will be at my own forum & TF's.

Late.

Oh come on, man. You input and product are both valued here, it's one instance of one thing that I could see being "kind of a dick move" (note the "kind of"). I didn't call you a dick.

Plus, my one opinion hasn't stopped the majority of forumites on this thread from being on your side.

• Members

I never said we are not making anymore. I did say over and over we have no plans to do so. There is a difference. Why are we not planning to put the WIIO into production?

We have 3-4 new pedals we are developing with scheduled releases every other month for the next 6 months

#2 We are swamped with the demand of the 8 other pedals we make as it is. We have to build some 50 pedals a day just to keep up. Stefanie and I have been working 7 days a week the past month. The rest of the crew is adding an additional day.

Where do we find room to make the WIIO a standard offering? Hire more help is the only option and I consider that a big commitment.

I appreciate your opinions doods I really do. But some of the stuff folks type here are really a bummer cause they couldn't be further from the truth.

Please tell me there is a Matamp-in-a-box in there

Archived