WIIO Into Production

CrystalLake

• Members

Really, this is what HCFX is about? Really?

Damn.

Wampler made the limited Triple Recstortion pedals. First there were 50, then 100. Popular demand (through pretty much an identical path, having a comment box on the web site asking customer and prospective buyer opinions) brought the circuit back into the lineup for regular production, changed to include an additional fuzz component that isn't on the original but the full Triple Recstortion sound is in the new Triple Wreck pedal. The new unit gives everything the limited one did, and more. I haven't seen a single post bitching about that, nor would I expect to. Seriously, it is the farthest thing in the world from a big deal.

The way the potential production WIIO has been described is as a different pedal, anyway, just similar. What in the world is there to cry about here? Check yourself if you're hurt over this and figure out what priority mixup has occurred.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction of some on this thread from the very second I plugged in my WIIO - I hit a few chords and realized I had finally found THE MOST badass dirt pedal ever, beautiful yet filthy, insanely aggressive yet completely controllable and responsive - and immediately thought "why they hell would they limit this to 100???" Seriously, aside from the fact that C-bread could write their own check selling more of these things, I thought what a travesty it would be to confine this amazing pedal to 100 gear geeks (myself included). This thing needs to get out there - the work is already done designing it, now make 1000s of them and let the masses feel the power. :thu:

No good deed goes unpunished, that's fer sure . . .

• Members
Really, this is what HCFX is about? Really?

Damn.

Wampler made the limited Triple Recstortion pedals. First there were 50, then 100. Popular demand (through pretty much an identical path, having a comment box on the web site asking customer and prospective buyer opinions) brought the circuit back into the lineup for regular production, changed to include an additional fuzz component that isn't on the original but the full Triple Recstortion sound is in the new Triple Wreck pedal. The new unit gives everything the limited one did, and more. I haven't seen a single post bitching about that, nor would I expect to. Seriously, it is the farthest thing in the world from a big deal.

The way the potential production WIIO has been described is as a different pedal, anyway, just similar. What in the world is there to cry about here? Check yourself if you're hurt over this and figure out what priority mixup has occurred.

You've made the mistake of believing anyone on this forum cares about "wampler". :lol:

• Members

i think catalinbread should just announce that they might do a few more limited runs of that pedal in the future

+7000 or bring out any other pedal in whatever limitation. what will happen, I am sure.

If they had a delay, CTB would be my 1-brand-board.

• Members

I'm done in this thread. I've made, or have at least helped make, people angry for no good reason ... and that wasn't ever my intent. Just wanted to bolster an opinion that is, apparently, rather unpopular.

PM me if you're really that interested, Jeff.

• Members

wow- some of you guys are straight effect pedal douche bags.

A great company came in here and said "were going to make a special pedal, really a niche pedal based on a hiwatt sound, your the first to know, and were selling them real cheap, kind of a thank you for your support and being our friends"...

So the people that ordered them fall into these catagories:

1. oh cool, like them, like dirt, like that sound I'll order.

2. Oh the cool kids are buying them, I like to feel cool and love hype wagon jumping so I'll get one too.

3. limited edition = $ profit

2 and 3 turned into complete douche bags, got pissed cause their own hype machine they created turned against them. The company that made the pedals said "with all this hype and attention, should we turn this into production?" - the d bags were not happy, because suddenly they weren't going to be cool anymore. Lets call them names, attack their business methods all cause we are internet tough guys.

I feel sorry for Cbread- damn if you do, damn if you dont, poor guys can't win.

Thank you for the Super Charged Overdrive- best pedal in that catagory

Archived