Does Anyone Here Like Scotch?

mikeoxlong

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a wizard with Jager and Coke.

I don't get to drink jack as much as i'd like. Usually we all pitch in to buy liquor, and the women folk don't like jack.

I like pabst. (flame away, tall boys are the {censored}).

Yeah I'd actually prefer Jager, but I always tend to go with Jack since you can get a little more for the money.

• Members
Laphroaig.

laphroaig25yrs.jpg

It's sublime and I'd have it on my cereal if it was socially accepted. I'll be grabbing a litre or two on my way through LAX on Tuesday.

Or Jameson. But it's Irish, not Scotch.

Laphroaig goes down smooth enough, but I can't stand the smell.

Holding a glass of Laphroaig to your lips is like huffing formaldehyde.

• Members

I like pretty much any whiskey, scotch included.. but no Scotch will take the place of my Wild Turkey.

I do have some 12-year old reserve's Jameson. You can only get it at the distillery in Ireland.. expensive, but well worth it. Very tasty.. though Jameson is not Scotch either.. tastes pretty much the same though.

• Members
Laphroaig.

laphroaig25yrs.jpg

It's sublime and I'd have it on my cereal if it was socially accepted. I'll be grabbing a litre or two on my way through LAX on Tuesday.

Or Jameson. But it's Irish, not Scotch.

Someone gave me a bottle of Laphroaig half cask for xmas. It's a way too peaty for me but I'm drinking it anyway because it's got a god kick.

I tend to drink Johnny Walker Black. If I could afford it I'd go for The Macallan

• Members

In my Cabinet I have a Bottle of Glenfiddich 12yr and 15yr, and an opened and very very old bottle of J&B rare. I also have some Johnnie Walker... red, black and green label. There's also some cognacs, whiskeys, rums, and vodkas etc...

Funny thing is, I don't drink. I mostly get them as presents/gifts. The only time they ever get poured is when I have company over. I might have a very small glass Glenfiddich (the only booze I actually like the taste of) when my uncle or dad come over though.

• Members

My personal trilogy: Macallan, Talisker and Dalwhinnie.

Macallan...there is no better IMO. Even the cheapest Macallan(10 year) is better than the most expensive Scotches I've tried(not that it's cheap). I think it's the aging in old sherry casks that makes the difference...delicious!

Archived