Does Anyone Here Like Scotch?

mikeoxlong

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love it. I have a bottle of Glenmorangie 18, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Laguvulin 16 at my place. I highly recommend the 18 (they have it on sale at Bevmo for $100 down from $140). The Quinta Ruban is also very very good. The Laguvulin is super peaty and is definitely not for beginners lol. I've had quite a few others. Macallan 18 is good but I didn't think it was worth the money (if you find it on sale its definitely worth it though). Oban 14 is good if you're starting with nice single malts as its smooth and isnt strong with any particular flavor.

• Members
Give me some recommendations for something thats good. I'm still at the drink alcohol solely to get drunk age.

then keep funneling natty light or beast while you can still stomach it :thu:

acquire a taste for scotch when you have the $ and the ability to nurse a drink because its complex, not just to get hammered.

that being said, just start with Dewar's or something relatively cheap to get an idea. mix it with soda water or cola to get an idea of what the taste and texture is...the gradually work your way toward drinking it straight, which is the only REAL way to enjoy scotch.

bottom's up brosef.

:wave:

• Members

I'll stick to Crown, Seagrams, sangria punch and bitch drinks.

i'm quite the fan of jager. Jack is great as well.

oh, and to robo. I had wild turkey for the first time. Jesus christ.

though, my friends new girlfriend is amazing. she started drinking that {censored} right from the bottle. She's never been drunk. {censored} didn't faze her one bit.

Archived