Turbo Tuner is the worst tuner...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. Seriously.

And "losing" and "loosing". Seriously, take note of how many times you'll annoyingly see this spelling error. They can't spell "losing", obviously because they're a loser; it's like being a failure but not being able to spell failure right. Now THAT is a {censored}ing irony.

• Members
It still boggles my mind how many people cannot figure out the difference between they're, their and there.

Doesn't seem much of a concern in a forum where everyone spells the as "teh"

But while we're on nitpicking on grammar, how about people who don't know how to use the possessive form, i.e. "its" versus "it's"
:cop:

• Members

This is shopped. Picard and Riker never actually facepalm simultaneously: in that particular instance, Riker was facepalming and picard has been photoshopped in.

The fact that Picard doesn't seem to be casting a shadow like Riker is would support this.

• Members

Why you even need to comment about it. Douche bag:cop:

If you want to "pwn" someone, make sure you're not making yourself look completely retarded first by learning how to construct a proper sentence. "They're" is what is called a "contraction." It's a combination (see how I used a combination of "it" and "is" to form the word "It's"?) of two words - "they" and "are." "Their" is possessive - meaning something that belongs to them. "Their mistake" or "their shorn nutsacks." "There" indicates a place. "There! Nutsacks!" and "Their nutsacks" have a completely different meaning.

Should you wish to "call out" someone on the interweb, make sure to ask yourself three simple questions prior to crafting your response:

1) Do I know what the f**k I'm talking about?

2) Is it really that important?

3) How do I properly state my angst in such a way that the opposite effect (known as "reverse pwn") does not happen to me?

• Members
Dawg, it's not even comparable, the turbo tuner wins in all regards.
:facepalm:

It's double the price. For a tuner.

I don't doubt the whole accuracy thing but money's a big part of it. I'm sure some hardcore distortion lovers can tell me this $Lots vintage Tubescreamer is the best pedal but I think in the real world even if I'd prefer the vintage one, "in all regards" as you put it, I want the newer one.

• Members

It's double the price. For a tuner.I don't doubt the whole accuracy thing but money's a big part of it. I'm sure some hardcore distortion lovers can tell me this $Lots vintage Tubescreamer is the best pedal but I think in the real world even if I'd prefer the vintage one, "in all regards" as you put it, I want the newer one.

It's $130, not much more than a $90 pitchblack and great for intonating instruments.

• Members

It's $130, not much more than a $90 pitchblack and great for intonating instruments.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/543485-REG/Korg_PITCHBLACK_Pitchblack_Chromatic_Pedal_Tuner.html

Being in the UK I don't know if this is cheap or not but this is the first thing google points me to for American. Thus (5 or so $ short of...) double.

If we're getting to a point where we have money to burn for a really expensive tuner, I'd be first upgrading every cable to stupidly high levels and then painstakingly modding every pedal to perfection.

Or since I have money to burn in this imagining, new pedalboard just for this:

TU-1000_1-big.jpg

• Members

It's double the price. For a tuner.

I don't doubt the whole accuracy thing but money's a big part of it. I'm sure some hardcore distortion lovers can tell me this $Lots vintage Tubescreamer is the best pedal but I think in the real world even if I'd prefer the vintage one, "in all regards" as you put it, I want the newer one.

if he already owns the turbo tuner then money has {censored}all to do with anything... dude doesn't know what the hell he's doing, simple as that.

• Members

if he already owns the turbo tuner then money has {censored}all to do with anything... dude doesn't know what the hell he's doing, simple as that.

No I wasn't seriously suggesting that, my second post was there to reply to the assumption that the Turbo Tuner was the best in all regards.

The original comment was there to discuss the win which is the Pitchblack, as denoted by the large picture.

Archived