Line 6 m5?

hangwire

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm not sure i get the point of it, if it's 1 effect at a time.. it's making a big leap in faith that users who want all those effects don't want to use more than one effect at a time
:idk:

Its basically dictation for the end user; if you need a varying cast of extra effects for that one part in that one song, here's your box in the smallest and most practical casing we can come up with.

This is coming out later for a reason, as well. At this point they can back themselves with the larger M products. "Don't want to use one effect/two switches to get around? Need more? Wellllllllll we also have you covered." :D

• Members

For me, I find the expression pedals response time is lacking. I use mine for "time shifting" the delays and I've gone back and forth between the DL4 and m9 comparing (identical settings) when the effect is audible with the expression pedal. I'm probably over explaining it, point is... response time/tracking/etc. about the expression pedal needs to be fixed.

• Members

exp pedal bug for me is the {censored}ing thing not returning to zero. Big deal when pitchishifting!

{censored}ty. What were you using? What firmware version #?

I hope the Mission expression pedal works well with it.

• Members

exp pedal bug for me is the {censored}ing thing not returning to zero. Big deal when pitchishifting!

Using my Mission Expression Pedal and the latest firmware...

I configured the Pitch Glide to go from 0 to 24 worked fine

I configured the Pitch Glide to go from -24 to 24 worked fine

:idk:

• Members

What is the difference between the mission Exp. pedal and the regular one?

The Mission is a cry baby pedal (Wilson Effects should get in on this...) with just a pot inside, it's a bit sturdier. Other then that there's no difference I think. I don't have the regular expression pedal so I can't try and see if the issues are related to that pedal.

• Members

Another question... I am planning on selling a couple of my mod pedals to finance this m9...

I had a Boss MFX unit many years ago, can i use the switches as individual "pedals" one for mod one for echo, etc, etc? please explain this...

I want to make a rational decision...

• Members

Another question... I am planning on selling a couple of my mod pedals to finance this m9...

I had a Boss MFX unit many years ago, can i use the switches as individual "pedals" one for mod one for echo, etc, etc? please explain this...

I want to make a rational decision...

You have 6 switches, you can engage 3 effects at a time, one effect per column. The effects you choose for every button together they make up a scene. With a double button press you can switch scenes. You can have a total of 6 scenes.

• Members

I see howeve so far from the demos I heard, the thing sounds good even with the Line 6 exp. pedal.

The sound is going to be identical no matter which expression pedal you use. The only difference is going to be the feel of the pedal. The mission is not a cry baby Wah in other words, it's a crybaby enclosure without the guts of a crybaby, instead it has a 25k ohm pot in it. The M9 sends electricity to the pedal and the pedal sends a certain amount back. Based on the amount send back the M9 knows where the expression pedal is positioned and modifies the particular effect accordingly.

• Members

The sound is going to be identical no matter which expression pedal you use. The only difference is going to be the feel of the pedal. The mission is not a cry baby Wah in other words, it's a crybaby enclosure without the guts of a crybaby, instead it has a 25k ohm pot in it. The M9 sends electricity to the pedal and the pedal sends a certain amount back. Based on the amount send back the M9 knows where the expression pedal is positioned and modifies the particular effect accordingly.

I was regarding the exp. pedal bug issues, I believed that it might have something to do with the type of exp. pedal you use.

• Members

so, is it released? i don't see anything anywhere.

Don't think so. That press release that is on that link is dated March 16, but I saw another somewhere that was dated April 11, 2011. So my guess is that it may be rolling out very soon.

I don't really use more than one effect at a time, so I may be interested in this. I only use the verb, mods and delays and the pitch shifter. I have a Boss EQ for boosts. The wah effects suck to me, and I'd like a dedicated wah, but I can't fit that and an M9 on my board, so we'll see how this goes...

Archived