Line 6 m5?

hangwire

• Members
Video is deceiving in that he's essentially playing over a loop of himself, insinuating that the M5 could loop for you.

Probably gonna want to make sure his guitar is in tune and/or intonated properly next time, as well.
:o

Agreed. I thought the same thing.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah no USB? That's unfortunate. I dunno I was assuming it was a double pedal. One at a time is kind of silly, I think, but I guess if they replaced their whole line with just one standard single pedal that you could have be anything, you could get a few of them and that would be kinda neat.

• Members

Double Preset Breakout Box - $30 (no room internally for this mod, external only)

-What does this do exactly?

Well, I hate to come on here and pimp my stuff, but since you asked -

It's just a breakout box that will allow you to switch between two different settings of the same effect type. It's the same as using an expression pedal and having the min and max on a switch, taking up less space on your board.

On the M9 and M13, I can do these mods internally and add the switches to the unit, but there's not enough room in the M5 for it.

Here's an example of how the breakout box works with the M9 (same as the M5 and M13).

http://youtu.be/5AgdLHzgEG0

Or with the peep option;

http://youtu.be/3EeRW4w-iCg

There's enough room to mount the breakout box over the Line 6 logo on the M5 if you wanna attach it to the unit.

Check out the rest of my mods for all the L6 stuff.

http://www.r3fx.com/2011mods.htm

Email me with any questions - PMs are hard to keep up with.

• Members

Just wqnted to hop in and say i think this is super neat for the minimalists out there that rarely use more than on effect or an OD plus one per song. I know a couple guys that would be happy with a timmy, muff and the m5. Im still enjoying my m9 and an OD or Lunar Module.

• Members

If only there was a way someone could build a box like jimosity did that could access a second effect on the M5...

It may just be much easier to just get a small midi controller and connect that to the unit and have access to all of it.

• Members

It may just be much easier to just get a small midi controller and connect that to the unit and have access to all of it.

I thought about that. I'm in a conundrum...lol. I've got an M9 but would love to get some more pedalboard real estate. I really don't use more than one FX at a time, but at least with the M9 it's easier to access particular patches vs. having to scroll through a MIDI controller. IDK what I'll do.

• Members

I thought about that. I'm in a conundrum...lol. I've got an M9 but would love to get some more pedalboard real estate. I really don't use more than one FX at a time, but at least with the M9 it's easier to access particular patches vs. having to scroll through a MIDI controller. IDK what I'll do.

If the pedals in your sig are what are on your board, the M9 should be able to take the place of most; if not all of those.

• Members

If the pedals in your sig are what are on your board, the M9 should be able to take the place of most; if not all of those.

Yep, that's what's on my board, but I haven't bonded with any of the ODs on the M9 yet. The M9 looper sucks IMO, and the RC20XL is so much easier for me to use live (plus I can use it for vocals too). The EQ could go, but for it to be effective I need it in my amp's loop, which would negate using the ODs. On top of that, I use the wah setting a lot and use the exp. pedal as a wah pedal. In the loop, those wah settings sound like {censored}.

I'm starting to think I may want to try an M13 and use the 4 cable method...

• Members

just reading about this, I can see it being good for some, but with my current batch of effects and how I use them, it's not for me... I think what they should do, for a higher price, obviously, is a similar sized box with all the modulations, reverbs and delays, a looper, no dirt, no real screen besides a bank LED, only a single knob for level/unity matching, four stomps (two rows of two) for loop and bank access, and the ability to chain around six effects or so, including duplicates of the same effect. all control and preset editing would either be through USB or an optional midi interface. a complete "set it and forget it", no dicking around, just play with your presets performance tool. stereo in/out, dual exp. in.

THAT I would be interested in.

• Members

The M9 looper is I swear to god the best looper I've ever used

what could you possibly not like about it

Well, full disclosure, I haven't really worked with it that much, so I guess I can't say it sucks. Maybe I just suck! But I do love the RC-20xl and have no issues with using it. But I can only imagine the awesomeness of having two live loopers at my disposal...

Archived