Really, America? Chocolate Chip Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick

RadioSilence

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

'tis the truth tho. last time i was there with my fam, he told us to pig out 'cause they just loaded up on food for our visit (i have 3 kids). well, he 'loaded up' on pop-tarts and other processed {censored} like the sausage thing the OP shows. btw, my kids eat good stuff, we rarely buy this crap. that crap's BAD - there's a reason that crap's so cheap. it's not actually food.

thing is.... all that {censored} is really expensive here, potatoes, veg, bread, eggs, whatever is so much cheaper to eat.

• Members

thing is.... all that {censored} is really expensive here, potatoes, veg, bread, eggs, whatever is so much cheaper to eat.

quality fresh food isn't convenient in the U.S. at all. It's especially bad in urban areas, especially poorer neighborhoods where the only convenient food sources are corner stores (which sell only processed garbage) and fast food. I live in an urban neighborhood like that, and there isn't a single grocery store within walking distance of my house. I have to drive at least 4 miles to get to a decent food source. It shouldn't be like that in a city! In contrast, when I lived in Chicago, there was always a grocery store within easy walking distance no matter what neighborhood I lived in.

• Members

quality fresh food isn't convenient in the U.S. at all. It's especially bad in urban areas, especially poorer neighborhoods where the only convenient food sources are corner stores (which sell only processed garbage) and fast food. I live in an urban neighborhood like that, and there isn't a single grocery store within walking distance of my house. I have to drive at least 4 miles to get to a decent food source. It shouldn't be like that in a city! In contrast, when I lived in Chicago, there was always a grocery store within easy walking distance no matter what neighborhood I lived in.

wow.... that's mad.. 4 miles? I can walk 4 minutes to the co-op and buy pretty much anything I'd need. I feel quite lucky, even my corner shop sells a pretty decent selection of food.

• Members

It's at least a 45 minute walk to a real grocery store from my neighborhood... and I live in my state's capital! Our city was planned very poorly. It's one of the worst examples of sprawl I've ever seen.

And it's not very pedestrian friendly... sidewalks ending at inconvenient spots. And there's almost no public transport available other than a very small and inconvenient bus system.

• Members

wow.... that's mad.. 4 miles? I can walk 4 minutes to the co-op and buy pretty much anything I'd need. I feel quite lucky, even my corner shop sells a pretty decent selection of food.

this is the case in SF as well. we have tons of grocery/produce stores all over the place that are within walking distance. i wouldnt want to live anywhere where this wasnt the case

• Members
It's at least a 45 minute walk to a real grocery store from my neighborhood... and I live in my state's capital! Our city was planned very poorly. It's one of the worst examples of sprawl I've ever seen.

And it's not very pedestrian friendly... sidewalks ending at inconvenient spots. And there's almost no public transport available other than a very small and inconvenient bus system.

that's because Annapolis in itself is small and inconvenient. :wave:

But yeah, the grocery issue in US cities is one of the worst the US faces right now.. It's pretty terrible

• Members

that's because Annapolis in itself is small and inconvenient.
:wave:

But yeah, the grocery issue in US cities is one of the worst the US faces right now.. It's pretty terrible

LOL, I don't live in Maryland. I live in Indianapolis... where it's been said that if you don't own a car, you run the risk of starving to death! :lol:

• Members

i'm glad we actually eat real food in Portugal.

btw, i'd much rather eat American food than British food. most of it is just disgusting. i've seen them make "wine" with water and wine powder or something. they told me i was crazy when i told them how wine was made and i dont think they actually believed me :idk:

Archived