Really, America? Chocolate Chip Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick

RadioSilence

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Having visited America a few times (i am English) i can say that it mostly comes down to where you buy food and what you choose to get. Not all American food is branded, heart attack inducing grossness. However there is a LOT more choice in that area over there. In the UK though we are catching up fast and more and more food is being made and marketed in that cliched American way.

Every modern culture has its ridiculous foods, from that canned chicken, to deep friend pizzas (scotland), to this weird coconut fat stuff i had in Australia. In the end if you buy what is cheap and marketed at you it is usually unhealthy, mass produced, chemically pumped up nightmares in sauce. If you learn to cook simple food it usually works out cheaper, healthier and is better for the environment too.

• Members

Ah, right.

Well trekking is another word used for hiking, or hill walking, or travelling in the country; usually over great distance or a period of time and with that in mind, where weight and space in your rucsac is at a premium.

This product is obviously aimed at outdoors enthusiasts.

Here's a selection of similar products, with the most commonly known one, the Cup-a-Soup:

dscn1140mediumzj3.jpg

Basically, add [hot]water and stir.

I'd never heard of wine from powder until you mentioned it, but I'd bet on a cold night, that stuff you posted, heated up would be really really nice.

Archived