Really, America? Chocolate Chip Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick

RadioSilence

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The big difference between US food and UK food is EVERYTHING is branded over there. (or so it seems to me anyway)

where as here less food is..... it's just as likely to be either unbranded (stuff like meat, veg, fruit, etc) or shop branded.. when I buy sausages they are Co-op, Tesco, or whatever, or unbranded off the counter.... I usually buy 'cumberland' which is the recipe not a brand.

Do that seem right or is that just a false impression I get?

• Members

yeah, it's early here.

I don't really care either way.

I just wanted to look at that picture of the Flake.

now we can all agree to be disgusted with pictures of food from China, right?

pressed dog anyone?

2401847480_f3d5f0fd6b.jpg

...not nice.... but then I don't eat lamb either for much the same reason.

• Members

You're a class act young man. I've not made crepes in many years, i think i will make some for my lady this weekend.

I used t eat them a lot with eggs and ham on top for lunch.

I admit, I really like "american pancakes" too and this year i perfected the batter for really light fluffy ones. I, just like most Brits, can't do the savoury and sweet on one plate, thing.

• Members

I remember visiting the Lakes District and finding a little shop selling these meat pie kind of things called Steak Bakes, man i could go one of them now. And some Grasmere Gingerbread.

Haha, those are good. The bakery chains all sell them now, so they can be had just about anywhere, although they aren't as good. Having said that though, Greggs does a version with tabasco at Halloween which is wholly too good. :love:

• Members

^ really harsh.

'tis the truth tho. last time i was there with my fam, he told us to pig out 'cause they just loaded up on food for our visit (i have 3 kids). well, he 'loaded up' on pop-tarts and other processed {censored} like the sausage thing the OP shows. btw, my kids eat good stuff, we rarely buy this crap. that crap's BAD - there's a reason that crap's so cheap. it's not actually food.

Archived