The definitive pen thread.

amarr1

• Members

As a lefty, fountain pens not only are frustrating but are also messy. Thus, I'm a fan of ball point pens and the like. My personal favorite (because it is easily accessible and refillable) is the Uni-ball Premier 207:

6230.jpg

Discuss.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been using these for years.

pilot.jpg

I love these pens but the 10 is too thick for my taste and the 05 feels too scratchy. Therefore, I usually opt for the 07. It's got a nise smooth feel and makes a very solid line.

I used to work in a lab/cleanroom and we had some powerful digital microscopes. So, one day I took one of my G2 07s, drew some lines and compared them to some other general ballpoint pens and put them under the microscope. The G-2 had a solid unbroken line while the other ballpoint pens all had a lot of little white gaps in the line if you looked at them under the microscope.

This, in my opinion, makes the G-2's line much easier to read as it stands out better against paper.

Yes I am a dork, but I am also an author so you can't expect me to use {censored}ty pens can you?

I also have an amazing stapler :)

• Members

I love these pens but the 10 is too thick for my taste and the 05 feels too scratchy. Therefore, I usually opt for the 07. It's got a nise smooth feel and makes a very solid line.

I used to work in a lab/cleanroom and we had some powerful digital microscopes. So, one day I took one of my G2 07s, drew some lines and compared them to some other general ballpoint pens and put them under the microscope. The G-2 had a solid unbroken line while the other ballpoint pens all had a lot of little white gaps in the line if you looked at them under the microscope.

This, in my opinion, makes the G-2's line much easier to read as it stands out better against paper.

Yes I am a dork, but I am also an author so you can't expect me to use {censored}ty pens can you?

I also have an amazing stapler
:)

I use the 07s. They really are the {censored}. They glide across the page.

• Members

I use the 07s. They really are the {censored}. They glide across the page.

Yeah that makes a huge different when you're doing a lot of freehand writing. Like, say, if you're taking a bunch of lecture notes or you are writing in the margins of your book a lot or you are writing a bunch of freehand verses and stuff.

Archived