New Mustang - Pawn Shop Series?

blueballoon

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I was hoping for something along the lines of Blacktop pricing, especially considering the series is called Pawnshop.

Yeah, ditto.

Ibanez kept mentioning pawn shop looks when they brought out the Jet King line. Those {censored}ers were cheap like you'd expect with that kind of marketing.

Of all of them, the '51 looks the most appealing. However, the U shaped necks almost never work for me, so that's out. :(

1Pawn_Shop_Mustang_Special_Domestic-1.jp

Fender, Fender Fender... :facepalm:

I commend you for releasing another 24" scale guitar... but really, what's up with the funky bridges on all the latest offsets? Okay, so it's a "pawn shop special", but really guys... did you have to totally ruin it with the bridge? Really - what's up with the weird bridges lately? If you wanted to save money by not putting a Mustang bridge and vibrato on there, you had other options besides putting a Strat style hardtail bridge behind the pickguard cutout for a Duo Sonic / Mustang bridge. The classic Duo Sonic II bridge is a thing of beauty - stick some compensated saddles on that and go with what you know, not ... this. :freak:

The rest of it I could deal with - even appreciate. A humbucker equipped Mustang with some "pawn shop approved" switching mods could be a cool thing; but with that bridge on there, all you're doing is forcing all the cool kids to go out and try to find a vintage or Vista series bridge to use as a replacement... that is, if the street price of the guitar isn't $800. :( For that price, they'll just go get a vintage Mustang or a slightly used but "real" CIJ Mustang...

Archived