New Mustang - Pawn Shop Series?

blueballoon

• Members

It just seems to me they want to keep releasing guitars, without making anyone who wants the MIA/MIJ features but can't afford them change their mind.

Which is stupid, because if you don't release an affordable guitar with the features people want, they'll buy Xaviere.

Or if like me they live in the UK, they'll buy nothing and wish they could afford a blocktop jazzmaster. :(

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of all of them, the '51 looks the most appealing. However, the U shaped necks almost never work for me, so that's out.
:(

Phil, we'll just have to disagree about this. I've been waiting for Fender to put a Nocaster neck on an affordable guitar for years. Unfortunately, this may not be deep enough for me yet...

• Members
What's up with the funky bridges on all the latest offsets? Okay, so it's a "pawn shop special", but really guys... did you have to totally ruin it with the bridge? Really -
what's up with the weird bridges lately?
If you wanted to save money by not putting a Mustang bridge and vibrato on there, you had other options besides putting a Strat style hardtail bridge behind the pickguard cutout for a Duo Sonic / Mustang bridge. The classic Duo Sonic II bridge is a thing of beauty - stick some compensated saddles on that and go with what you know, not ...
this.
:freak:

The rest of it I could deal with - even appreciate. A humbucker equipped Mustang with some "pawn shop approved" switching mods could be a cool thing; but with that bridge on there, all you're doing is forcing all the cool kids to go out and try to find a vintage or Vista series bridge to use as a replacement... that is, if the street price of the guitar isn't $800.
:(
For that price, they'll just go get a vintage Mustang or a slightly used but "real" CIJ Mustang...

I actually love the strat hard-tail bridge and string thru design, and dont like the humbuckers :lol:

I do not, however, like those trapezoidal bridges on the new modified jazzmasters. Yuck!

• Members

fffffffff

These will also be coming out in the "Pawnshop Series":

'51 is in Black or Butterscotch Blonde

'72 is in 3-Tone Sunburst or Surf Green!

Mustang Special is in Lake Placid Blue or Candy Apple Red

172_Pawn_Shop_Stratocaster_Domestic.jpg

Come on, that is clearly a photoshop job.

• Members

Seems strange that Fender would make graphics just like this but not post them anywhere.

exactly the same thing happened with the Blacktops; people were screaming 'shop!' and then more info emerged.

the first time i saw the squier jag bass was in an image like this too.

• Members

exactly the same thing happened with the Blacktops; people were screaming 'shop!' and then more info emerged.

the first time i saw the squier jag bass was in an image like this too.

interesting, time will tell...

• Members

The grass is always greener, but I wish Fender would re-release the late 70's model maple fretboard Mustangs, with a wider range of colors. The dual-bucker/blue model is interesting - too bad they didn't go with the standard 'stang bridge setup, or maybe the Toronado bridge.

• Members

the {censored}ing Borgcaster!

Hmm that's a pretty cool name for it. I'll have to remember it. Other top names include the Stereo V Strat and Disastercaster.

Maybe I should call it the Pawn Shop Deluxe

Archived