New Mustang - Pawn Shop Series?

blueballoon

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've used the enforcer on a few other guitars (I know the John5 teles had them)...it's a high gain ceramic humbucker, nothing like a WRHB.

They just slapped a wide-range style cover on it for looks.

Pretty cool if it's real...can't gauge it on the photoshop, remember the blacktops were also photoshops when they first leaked.

Nowadays Fender probably photoshops every new design that way they can hype them before it goes into production.

• Members

What? Where did you see those? That sounds like something I would like
:love:

i dunno, there were some japanese-made jazzmasters with f-holes that came out around the same time as the squier jazzmaster & jaguar. maybe thom is getting these mixed up. maybe not but i don't remember fender making any jazzcasters that weren't from the custom shop.

• Members

I'm someone who doesn't care at all about the
concept
of certain guitars.

I don't imagine I'm alone.

Is a strat a strat if it has two humbuckers, a Les Paul bridge, different controls etc?

At some point it ceases to be a strat. Same goes for the recent jag/jazzmasters.. Especially after losing that bridge design which is so uniquely jaguar/jazzmaster.. basically companies should stop trading on the name of an already well-known existing model. This applies to smashing pumpkins, guns 'n roses and many, many more. :)

• Members

i dunno, there were some japanese-made jazzmasters with f-holes that came out around the same time as the squier jazzmaster & jaguar. maybe thom is getting these mixed up. maybe not but i don't remember fender making any jazzcasters that weren't from the custom shop.

I love those new Japanese Fenders. I started a thread about those :love: Is it irreverent to make a jaguar semihollow with an f-hole and flattop with binding? Probably. But I dont GAF. It is irreverent IMO to put humbuckers on a strat or tele :idk: YMMV

• Members

I love those new Japanese Fenders. I started a thread about those
:love:
Is it irreverent to make a jaguar semihollow with an f-hole and flattop with binding? Probably. But I dont GAF. It is irreverent IMO to put humbuckers on a strat or tele
:idk:
YMMV

i say go with it, it doesn't affect me. it's not as if they're putting HBs in my strat or tele :)

• Members

Is a strat a strat if it has two humbuckers, a Les Paul bridge, different controls etc?

At some point it ceases to be a strat. Same goes for the recent jag/jazzmasters.. Especially after losing that bridge design which is so uniquely jaguar/jazzmaster.. basically companies should stop trading on the name of an already well-known existing model. This applies to smashing pumpkins, guns 'n roses and many, many more.
:)

If I like it, I like it.

Companies use names the way they want. And besides- they're just names.

• Members

can't believe these points were missed

A) it's a {censored}ing duo-sonic more than a mustang with that bridge

B) polyester neck???? anyone else read the words????

I heard polyester brings the toan.

...polyester is a finishing product by the way. Fender started around '69.

Archived