TGP vs HC - compare and contrast (the good, bad and the ugly)

Fusion1

• Members

Cardiackid, you and stopreferencing's avatars look like they were separated at birth. same hair and same beard. I know yours is the dude from Flight of the Conchords though. Put Dave Grohl in the mix and then I start thinking someone is cloning these dudes out there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cons:

tgp takes things too seriously at times and they love to tell you how to arrange your gear without ever asking what you play, what you do with it, and how much real life experience you have.

HC looks for any chance to nitpick the {censored} out of something or someone, can't read a majority of the time and can be overcritical. sometimes I laugh sometimes I just shake my head and move on.

Pros: I like the lesson section of tgp and the fast info I can get there

HC can be a good place to relax have a little fun and meet cool people around my age. like a bromance for guitarists or something

• Members

Cons:

tgp takes things too seriously at times and they love to tell you how to arrange your gear without ever asking what you play, what you do with it, and how much real life experience you have.

HC looks for any chance to nitpick the {censored} out of something or someone, can't read a majority of the time and can be overcritical. sometimes I laugh sometimes I just shake my head and move on.

Pros: I like the lesson section of tgp and the fast info I can get there

HC can be a good place to relax have a little fun and meet cool people around my age. like a bromance for guitarists or something

pretty much sais it.

TGP = if i want to know the little differences between overdrives and stuff, like boring stuff like, if i have 3 klons will i sound 3x better? or just simple things.

HCFX = if i want serious advice i go here, yes everyone is a smart ass but thats ok, life is dull, but guys here are genuine players/pedal nuts. HCFX is the cool kids who arent obsessed with "true bypassing" everything on the board except 1 specific buffer etc..

in other words. here on HCFX we sniff all kinds of drugs and hit the forum, not cork like a lot of TGP'ers

• Members

TGP is a cool place to troll and there's not much real information you can squeeze out of the effects forum there. if i cared about any of the pedals that they rave about there then maybe the emporium would be useful for me. but then again the majority of the TGPers have a phobia of posting stuff outside of the USA. HC is better for talking to people who mostly don't reply with a dick in their mouth. both forums are too American IMO.

• Members

HC = Eh, mostly what I would expect an internet gear forum to be. It's alright.

TGP = Can somehow take a forum dedicated entirely to pedals and suck the fun completely out of it. Even on subjects like bit crushers or ring modulation. How? Well, they all sound like ass, but the Lovetone Ring Stinger one sounds like Jessica Alba's ass. Everything else just sounds like cellulite-laden ass.

• Members

TGP = most people spend more time looking at their gear than playing it

HCFX = most people spend more time looking at their gear than playing it

HAHAHA this x1000. Unfortunately, with 3 small kids, me included.

• Members

I tried to join TGP. I started by posting in the FX forum with the thread "hey I'm new here, what's up".

My thread then got redirected to the specifically placed "Introductions" forum, and found comments scolding me to stay on topic or get banned.

I then gave up on TGP.

Archived