The Official Blakemore Effects Tour Box Thread (Currently Underway).

Blakemore Effects

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. Sorry about this. I've been slacking a bit the past week. School got crazy, and I was so busy studying that I forgot to check in on the status of the box. The delay is my fault, and I apologize. Sorry guys! I sent onyxrhino the shipping info last night, and I'm sure he'll get the pedals out in a timely manner.

On a fun sidenote, I got a shipment today. I custom ordered some new Deus Ex Machina enclosures. There are a bunch of the normal copper/black ones, but the typo is now fixed. Also, I did a limited edition run of ten custom colors. I'm super happy with how these all turned out!

38e5b3ae-1.jpg

I'm also doing some test runs. Getting ready to allow custom orders. Thanks to renula for doing some kickass work on the graphics for these too!

43c4a48b-1.jpg

So does that mean that my older typo-ed Machina is now worth millions?

Please tell me its so.....

• Members

sorry man...of course, based on when i got it, even if i had shipped it out to CrystalLake the next day, you wouldn't have had the pedals by now.

No worries. I'm just feelin' sorry for myself after the BOTB. :D

• Members

:thu:

Out of curiosity is the custom shop pedals going to be mods of your current pedals or new designs or ????

They're going to be whatever people want, pretty much. For the 5 Custom Shop pedals that I took the picture of, the one with two footswitches will be a Green Russian Big Muff with a clean blend and a Tone Bypass footswitch; the red one is just a straight IC Muff; the black and yellow ones are two Black Russian Big Muffs; the one that looks silver and black (but is actually green and black) is just a Green Russian Big Muff. So far all people have asked for are Muff clones, but I basically had the graphics made so I could build one offs and stuff when people wanted them. Just seemed to make sense to have some universal graphics in case someone had something special in mind. :thu:

• Members

I think most of us know what you're going through. I know I do.
:lol:

Yeah... Sorry, man. I knew this was going to be a long process. I wish I could've just shipped pedals to everyone to let them test them out.
:(

They're going to be whatever people want, pretty much. For the 5 Custom Shop pedals that I took the picture of, the one with two footswitches will be a Green Russian Big Muff with a clean blend and a Tone Bypass footswitch; the red one is just a straight IC Muff; the black and yellow ones are two Black Russian Big Muffs; the one that looks silver and black (but is actually green and black) is just a Green Russian Big Muff. So far all people have asked for are Muff clones, but I basically had the graphics made so I could build one offs and stuff when people wanted them. Just seemed to make sense to have some universal graphics in case someone had something special in mind.

Sweet, i maybe contacting you soon about an idea i have. Ill have to find a schematic though.

• Members

Got the package on Monday night, but didn't have time to tinker with the pedals till yesterday. I'll probably spend another hour or 2 today and have them back out to eti on Thursday morning. They're only going a state away, so he'll have them over the weekend.

My first impressions were great. The build quality and artwork is top notch! At first I just ran the 3 pedals, then I mixed them up with a VFE Blueprint Delay, EQD Sea Machine Chorus, and a Dr. Scientist Trem. All in all, the pedals stacked nicely together, and were very tweakable. I ran these through a Strat into a Blues Deluxe RI. As a dirt freak, I can say these pedals are killer for the price!

Mustang Overdrive - I used this mostly as a subtle OD, but with the gain cranked, it got quite dirty. Very responsive to my guitar's volume and my pick attack. VERY solid OD pedal.

Bi-Polar Octadrive - This was by far the most fun pedal out of the 3. Not sure really how to explain this. Maybe a clean boost on one end, and a LSD-induced boost on the other? :lol: I can easily see myself picking one of these up and incorporating it into my rig.

Deus Ex Machina Fuzz - I ran this more as a distortion box, rather than cranking the gain for fuzz. Got some sweet 80s cock-rock tones, that were very usable with the Clean Blend knob. The Boost knob is also a very nice addition. This also cleaned up nice with my guitar's volume.

Each one of these pedals has some great character and are extremely tweakable. I don't think anyone on this Tour Box is going to be disappointed with the quality of these pedals. Kudos to Blake! :thu:

IMG_0328.jpg

• Members

Bi-Polar Octadrive
- This was by far the most fun pedal out of the 3. Not sure really how to explain this. Maybe a clean boost on one end, and a LSD-induced boost on the other?
I can easily see myself picking one of these up and incorporating it into my rig.

Just to clarify, and I know Blake has said this before, the Bi-Polar Octadrive is a Mustang, just with a Purple Platypus-derivative on the left switch. :thu:... wasn't sure whether you got that or not... sorry if I'm an idiot... :lol:

• Members

Just to clarify, and I know Blake has said this before, the Bi-Polar Octadrive
is
a Mustang, just with a Purple Platypus-derivative on the left switch.
... wasn't sure whether you got that or not... sorry if I'm an idiot...

Yup. The BPOD is just a Mustang with the octave switch. It should sound exactly the same, but I've had like three people know talk about the tonal differences. I can't tell if that's just differences in parts tolerances they're hearing, or what. Interesting that people are hearing them sounding different though!

Archived