The Official Blakemore Effects Tour Box Thread (Currently Underway).

Blakemore Effects

• Members

Spent some time with each of them by now. My thoughts so far...

LOVE the Bi-Polar Octadrive, but the octave side sounds more like a foldover than an octave. That said, it's a really GREAT sounding foldover. Would like to see maybe a drive/octave blend or other more advanced control over the octave side. The drive side is good, to be sure, but doesn't excite me as much.

The Mustang Overdrive sounds just like the drive side of the BPOD, as it should, and thus I like it but didn't see a need to spend too much time with it.

Briefly tried the Deus Ex Machina Fuzz and want to spend some more time with it before passing judgement. The boost seems like it could help you get a VH brown sound or a Mick Ronson parked wah tone.

Will write more soon.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spent some time with each of them by now. My thoughts so far...

LOVE the
Bi-Polar Octadrive
, but the octave side sounds more like a foldover than an octave. That said, it's a really GREAT sounding foldover. Would like to see maybe a drive/octave blend or other more advanced control over the octave side. The drive side is good, to be sure, but doesn't excite me as much.

The
Mustang Overdrive
sounds just like the drive side of the BPOD, as it should, and thus I like it but didn't see a need to spend too much time with it.

Briefly tried the
Deus Ex Machina Fuzz
and want to spend some more time with it before passing judgement. The boost seems like it could help you get a VH brown sound or a Mick Ronson parked wah tone.

Will write more soon.

Cool, man. Thanks for the stuff you've written up so far. I appreciate the compliments. :thu: I'd never heard of the term "foldover" before though. Time to Google! :lol:

• Members

mmkay...

The box is on it's way to carrier street. Should be there by Monday.

Holy smokes, that medium flat rate box plus insurance and tracking # cost a total of $17.45 to ship! I also swapped the Sour Patch Extreme for something more seasonal. :)

• Members

Holy smokes, that medium flat rate box plus insurance and tracking # cost a total of $17.45 to ship! I also swapped the Sour Patch Extreme for something more seasonal.
:)

How much did you think it was going to be? :lol: They get you with the Insurance. Insuring a box for $450 (I figured they were $150/pedal??), is an extra $6.

• Members

How much did you think it was going to be?
:lol:
They get you with the Insurance. Insuring a box for $450 (I figured they were $150/pedal??), is an extra $6.

That's why I said to do $400. It was the same price for $400 as it was for $301, but once you hit $401 the price goes way up. I figure I'll eat the $50 if something happens, but just make sure to do $400, please. :)

• Members

mmkay...

The box is on it's way to carrier street. Should be there by Monday.

Holy smokes, that medium flat rate box plus insurance and tracking # cost a total of $17.45 to ship! I also swapped the Sour Patch Extreme for something more seasonal.
:)

Finally I get word on the Sour Patch. Merry Christmas Eti. :thu:

• Members

Dude! Nice job. The video sounds really cool. Makes me want to build a version of the Octadrive that just leaves the octave on all the time, and has the gain set to automatically be at max.
:love:

Thanks! And I'd be happy to help test that next Octadrive or give you my thoughts. :thu: I will absolutely have to get either the current or future Octadrive at some point.

• Members

How much did you think it was going to be?
:lol:
They get you with the Insurance. Insuring a box for $450 (I figured they were $150/pedal??), is an extra $6.

Well I had just shipped out a similar sized package with tracking # for about $5 (uninsured). I think the real hit was the flat rate box. Might be great if you are shipping something really heavy and small.

• Members

Well I had just shipped out a similar sized package with tracking # for about $5 (uninsured). I think the real hit was the flat rate box. Might be great if you are shipping something really heavy and small.

And did someone swap out the Regional Rate box for a Flat Rate one? Yeah, the Flat Rate boxes are killer. The Regional Rate boxes are WAY cheaper. I love those things.

• Members

And did someone swap out the Regional Rate box for a Flat Rate one? Yeah, the Flat Rate boxes are killer. The Regional Rate boxes are WAY cheaper. I love those things.

Yea, that was me. I made a post about it, because the Regional Rate box looked like it had been through hell and back. It was all torn apart, and I wasn't going to chance it.

I went to 2 Post Offices and they both were out of the Regional Rate boxes, so I just went with the Flat Rate box.

• Members

Awesome! I don't think I'll do a production version of the Octadrive without the second footswitch, but if you wanted one that just always had the octave on, I could definitely custom build it fairly easily.
:thu:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the box though!

Don't think I can afford custom work, but I'll keep it in mind! :thu: If you could replace that footswitch with a blend for octave/drive that would be quite useful.

Yup! Crystal Lake did. I was not aware of regional rate boxes. Must look into those.

• Members

Yea, that was me. I made a post about it, because the Regional Rate box looked like it had been through hell and back. It was all torn apart, and I wasn't going to chance it.

I went to 2 Post Offices and they both were out of the Regional Rate boxes, so I just went with the Flat Rate box.

Oh, that's cool, man. I wasn't worried or anything. I'm not sure you can get the regional rate boxes from the store though? I think you may have to order those online. It's free to do though. Just saying, that's the cheapest way I've found to ship pedals priority mail. :)

• Members

Yeah. Sorry about this. I've been slacking a bit the past week. School got crazy, and I was so busy studying that I forgot to check in on the status of the box. The delay is my fault, and I apologize. Sorry guys! I sent onyxrhino the shipping info last night, and I'm sure he'll get the pedals out in a timely manner.

On a fun sidenote, I got a shipment today. I custom ordered some new Deus Ex Machina enclosures. There are a bunch of the normal copper/black ones, but the typo is now fixed. Also, I did a limited edition run of ten custom colors. I'm super happy with how these all turned out!

38e5b3ae-1.jpg

I'm also doing some test runs. Getting ready to allow custom orders. Thanks to renula for doing some kickass work on the graphics for these too!

43c4a48b-1.jpg

Looks AWESOME. I'm getting psyched!

• Members

If you could replace that footswitch with a blend for octave/drive that would be quite useful.

and all your pedals could use some rubber or velcro on the bottom! :)

Didn't have any accidents, but did have a close call.

• Members

I agree with this.

Interesting point. I always hated rubber feet since I normally had to remove them in order to get velcro to stick right, which is why I didn't put rubber feet on my pedals. I also didn't want to put velcro on though, since I know not everyone uses velcro. I guess I just didn't think about what happens when the pedals are in a tour box so people can't put velcro on them. Whoops. Interesting point that I overlooked. :facepalm:

Archived