The Official Blakemore Effects Tour Box Thread (Currently Underway).

Blakemore Effects

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

okay, my thoughts (which probably echo a lot of what's been said already):

deus ex masheena: i normally don't like big muffs but this one was pretty cool. the frequency of mids knob was well chosen and fully cranked gave that cocked wah sound in a good way. the tone knob didn't get quite as thin as i wanted it to but that's not a big deal/easily remedied. anyway, i really really liked how well the guitar came through. big muffs usually make my strat just sound like crunchy big muff (bridge) or muddy big muff (neck), but this one sounded really punchy and awesome on the neck, which is great. if i decide to pick up a big muff, it will definitely be this one.

bi-polar: the three band eq is great, very easy to tweak, with lots of different sounds available. it was a bit low-gain for me but if you want to do the timmy thing then this is really good for it. the octave was my favourite part, very cool way to get a "slightly off" drive sound, which i can really appreciate.

didn't try the mustang because i was pressed for time (very busy this month) and since the bi-polar is the same etc etc

anyway, the pedals feel really solid and even the deus ex with the gain full-up was near silent. VERY low noise floor on these guys. i'm looking forward to anything you put out, blake!

Archived