The Official Blakemore Effects Tour Box Thread (Currently Underway).

Blakemore Effects

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Alright! As is my understanding, Akridosity will be meeting up with Texas Noise Factory on Saturday to make the swap. Sort of nice having all you Houston people together, since we don't have to wait extra days for shipping. Akridosity, have you talked to houseofglass21 at all about potentially meeting up, or do you two not live close to each other? Just curious! Glad to see the box is still on track though.
:thu:

Yep, we'll skip mailing and just meet up, I've also got to drop off some Big Muffs i've modded for houseofglass.

• Members

Nah... If you were a dumbass, your user name would be rhcp311 (or something like that)...
:lol:

Ouch. That one hit a bit too close to home. I was young and didn't know any better! Haha.

Now for the most important question of all though. The first run of the Deus Ex Machina is running a bit low, so I was thinking about getting some new boxes printed up. What color scheme should I go with for the next run? I was sort of thinking of like white on green, or blue on silver or something. Opinions? {censored}, maybe they'll let me order each one in a different color. That would be badass. Hahaha.

• Members

It can be arranged if you steal my pedals!

Ouch. That one hit a bit too close to home. I was young and didn't know any better! Haha.

Now for the most important question of all though. The first run of the Deus Ex Machina is running a bit low, so I was thinking about getting some new boxes printed up. What color scheme should I go with for the next run? I was sort of thinking of like white on green, or blue on silver or something. Opinions? {censored}, maybe they'll let me order each one in a different color. That would be badass. Hahaha.

:lol:... nah, that was just my feeble attempt at humor. I seem to be terrible at it. I either take it too far and hurt someone's feelings or not far enough and no one can tell if I'm joking or not. :(;)

As for the color scheme...

I-lovesparkle-sm.jpg

But I really dig the goldish color as well. Looks HAWT :love:...

Maybe White or silver lettering on a black sparkle finish? :poke:

Sparkly pedals are always awesome. Most electric guitars too... just not acoustic guitars:

0_3.jpg

• Members

Haha. No worries. I wasn't really offended. Just messing around. :thu:

I also heart sparkle though. Haha. I had thought metallic orange could look cool, but I didn't know if it'd be too close to the copper color. I just e-mailed them though, and hopefully I can get a few different colors printed. Maybe do some in the original copper color, some silver, some orange, some blue, etc. See where the night takes me? :lol:

• Members

Haha. No worries. I wasn't really offended. Just messing around.

I also heart sparkle though. Haha. I had thought metallic orange could look cool, but I didn't know if it'd be too close to the copper color. I just e-mailed them though, and hopefully I can get a few different colors printed. Maybe do some in the original copper color, some silver, some orange, some blue, etc. See where the night takes me?

Heck yes! Sounds like a plan. I'd love to see a sparkle finish on the Mustang too... but wait til I can buy one. :love::lol:

• Members

I have a question, is it the Deus Ex or the Dues Ex?? cuz i though it was the Deus Ex but i could have sworn i saw in one of robo's pics the writing on the pedal says Dues Ex...
:confused:

It's supposed to be Deus Ex, but there was a typo on the first batch. I'm taking 5% off the first run for the typo, but the corrected artwork has already been sent in to get a new screen printed, so the second batch should be fine. :thu:

• Members

It's supposed to be Deus Ex, but there was a typo on the first batch. I'm taking 5% off the first run for the typo, but the corrected artwork has already been sent in to get a new screen printed, so the second batch should be fine.

:lol: oops :facepalm: at least you got it sorted out now. maybe one day the misprint will be worth more!

EDIT: and i'd say different colors for each batch :thu:

• Members
That's definitely on the list. I wanted to do black ink on a red sparkle background.
:love:
The Mustangs still have a ways to go before I need to order a new batch of enclosures though.

Yum.
:love:
I found out I can do 3 ink colors, and as many base colors as I want. Now the question is, do I want to have every single one be a different color, or should I only change colors up for each run, or should I always stick with the same color scheme? Decisions, decisions.

It's supposed to be Deus Ex, but there was a typo on the first batch. I'm taking 5% off the first run for the typo, but the corrected artwork has already been sent in to get a new screen printed, so the second batch should be fine.

Sweeeeeet!! I'll probably order a Mustang here pretty soon... and it looks classy w/o anything fancy. ;)

I'd vote for every pedal have a different color scheme. JMO.

• Members

Sweeeeeet!! I'll probably order a Mustang here pretty soon... and it looks classy w/o anything fancy.
;)

I'd vote for every pedal have a different color scheme. JMO.

Awesome! Thanks, man. :thu: What I'm thinking right now is that I may do 15 in the original copper/black color scheme, and then do the next 10 so that each one is a different color. I sort of like the idea of that so that the copper and black is still the main scheme, but there will be some unique ones thrown in there for fun.

• Members

One the eve of the next transfer, I thought I'd add my opinions on these for what it's worth.... The box is currently packed up and the pedals are sleeping...Laying in wait for Akridosity to get his turn with them.

I had wanted to get a demo together A/Bing the Deus Ex with a Malekko B:Assmaster. Unfortunately, I ran out of time. I did get to plug them in and try them together on bass, and I have to respond that the Deus Ex is infinitely more user friendly, and tweakable. Probably cheaper too! No knock against the Malekko, the Deus Ex just brings it. :thu:

For the bulk of the time I was testing, I plugged these in and swapped them around with my drive pedals already on my pedalboard. Normally, I use my Fulltone Fulldrive, a modded TS-9 (brown mod? and true bypass), a custom GutterMouth Electronics Catastro Fuzz, and an old ass Ross Distortion for my dirt boxes. They are all run in the following order: Ross, TS-9, CatastroFuzz, and Fulldrive. I used my Champ 600 as the amp since I couldn't get too loud. (Wife and baby asleep downstairs) :mad: I demoed them with my Strat, RD Artist, Firebird, ASAT Special, and my ES-347.

Deus Ex Machina:

Initially, I was most curious about this box. I plugged it in in the place of the CatastroFuzz to see what it would do. I found it very easy to use. The mid boost really brings a bunch of fullness back into the mix, and I found myself using the clean blend quite a bit...especially when adding dirt from the TS-9, or Ross before it. This works VERY well BTW for you guys that like to cascade tonez. It really works well for this. The mid boost is cool because it seems to work independently of where the tone control of the pedal is set. It's not an XTREME Fuzz, but it is a very good sounding, usable pedal. I could see me ending up with one. On my RD Artist Bass, and my Ibanez AGB-140, I found it to be more usable than any other flavor of Big Muff I've tried. I currently have a Black Sovtek, and have used the Green tank model Sovtek in the past as well as the Good old American Vintage one.

Mustang:

Initially, I was least interested in this pedal. I have a modded TS-9, and a Fulltone Fulldrive that I am perfectly happy with, and see no need to replace. I was very surprised when I plugged it in. It made my TS-9 sound like it was all midrange, and made my Fulltone sound like I had added pillows inline. The eq on this thing is the {censored}. Having demoed this pedal, I wish all of my dirt pedals had three band eqs on them. I could make it sound like my Fulltone with more clarity, and much to my surprise, it copped the tone I get out of my old Brown Ross Distortion to a T! Granted, I'm probably in the minority here, but that's one of my favorite dirt pedals. The Mustang through the Deus Ex with the clean through about 1/2 way is the {censored} btw. Overdrive, and Fuzz FTW!!!

Bi-Polar OctoDrive:

After initially having some level problems with the octave setting on this, I finally figured it out. I just had my levels wrong. D'oh! The basis of this pedal is the Mustang, but it has the added coolness of a sick splatty octave setting for leads. Again, this thing into the Deus Ex is disgusting!!!

These pedals were a lot of fun to demo. They feel quite sturdy, are excellent sounding, and play well with others. They all handled the guitars I threw at them well. No issues with output levels on pickups that I heard when going between single coils, and humbuckers. Maybe a few volume adjustments, but nothing major.

Thanks to Blake for the opportunity to have a test drive!

• Members
Uh oh. Is there a typo in the instructions? Ryan is definitely not my father. Haha

There's a comma there in the instructions. I have to admit, I missed it too. It reads, "Thanks to My dad, Dr. Scientist, ....." Threw me for a minute too. :) I almost remarked about Dr. Scientist being your dad via PM, but then figured it out.

Oh, BTW, transfer of pedals is done!

• Members

There's a comma there in the instructions. I have to admit, I missed it too. It reads, "Thanks to My dad, Dr. Scientist, ....." Threw me for a minute too.
:)
I almost remarked about Dr. Scientist being your dad via PM, but then figured it out.

Oh, BTW, transfer of pedals is done!

Yeah. I just noticed that. Can't decide if I want to change it or not. :lol: Thanks for letting me know about the swap though! :thu:

• Members

Alright, to the best of my understanding, the box should be going to houseofglass21 either tomorrow, or he already has it. Let me know when the box changes hands though, and it looks like early to mid next week the box should be making its way to Subs. Looks like you'll finally get to test the fuzz on bass, buddy. :lol:

Archived