The Official Blakemore Effects Tour Box Thread (Currently Underway).

Blakemore Effects

• Members

Hey man if you're ever in the area, you're welcome to check both of mine out. I can't get over how good the pl in go the mustang sounds haha.

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. If you decide you want one, just let me know. :thu: Other than that, let me know if you have any questions or anything.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, what're your initial thoughts, Natty?
:)

Mustang Overdrive has a nice gritty thing going on, I like the three band eq that most overdrives dont give you. Its definitely not of the toobscreema or 250 type overdrive school. It can get nice and gritty, but the best toans atleast for me where when I would dime the eq knobs, just juiced it up. I tried it with my Univox, a Fender Deluxe, and my Sunn T50.

The Bi Polar was weird because to me it felt like it had more gain on tap than the Mustang which its supposed to be but with an octave switch? also the octave switch at first would do this envelope filter type sweep, but a day later it didnt do it :confused: Same as the MO loved it with everything dimed.

Deus Ex Machina: I was waiting for this one, and boy it didnt disappoint. As I am on a muff quest recently I wanted to try out a IC type muff and the DEM was come so I was excited. The clipping that the ICs make is soooo different from a standard muff that you wonder if this is a muff or just a crazy fuzz pedal. It definitely did high gain stuff nicely, the eq and blend knob are an amazing addition. My bassist tried it at practice and fell in love with it, expect a pm soon because he wants to buy one. If I didnt have a {censored} ton of overdrives I would get a Bi Polar and will get a Deus in the near future.

Id like to thank Blake for letting my play with the box, I will pass it on to the next person tomorrow as soon as I get their info. :wave:

Video coming soon

• Members

Natty, I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed them, man! It's sad to admit, but I've never actually tried either OD pedal with the EQs maxed out. I may have to try that soon. Thanks for the tip! As for the Octave sound being finnicky, I'm wondering if that has something to do with the Ge diodes that are in there. Are Ge diodes as sensitive to temperature changes as transistors are? I guess it's possible that if the pedal was cold when it was shipped to you, and then had a day or so to warm up, that could make a difference. Just guessing here though, since that's the only thing I can think of that would make it sound different on a daily basis haha.

And thanks for the high praise on the fuzz! I'm glad to hear that it didn't let you down. I'm also glad your bass player liked it, since it seems like bass player opinions of the pedal have been about 50/50 so far where they either love or hate it haha. If you decide you want a fuzz though, definitely let me know. I still have a few of the enclosures with the typo (like the one you tried), or if you want a custom color, I still have some of them left. I need to get a new pic of the custom colors that doesn't include the ones that have sold haha.

Thanks again, and I'll PM you in a sec with solly's info!

• Members

Natty... Do you still have these? Sorry I missed your text. If you don't how do I get on the "list"?

Actually, I do

Solly just hit me up but I'm at work so they'll go out tomorrow. We can do Pentatonic today if you're down, since I have it for the night still.

Archived