I bought a new fuzz pedal and would like to talk about it on the internet

Operator

• Members

I bought a Resonant Electronics Neutron Fuzz. It is a new product that they make. I decided that I deserve it.

tumblr_lt38jopsyT1qzskxzo1_r1_500.gif

neutron-fuzz.jpg

You are all going to cut my dick off because I'm not really into doing the pedal demo thing. I may try to use it in a song recording soon and when I do, I'll post it up so you can hear it, but basically this little guy {censored}ing rules. The contour switch changes the EQ character, with a dark, bright, and middy setting, and the gain knob is redick. The more gain you give it, the more compressed and gnarly it gets. It's super god damn usable.

I only got to play it a little bit before I go out to dinner but I thought I would talk about it here because I can't nerd out about this kind of {censored} anywhere else.

• Members

I tried to Google it, and according to the literature: "the pedal is not based on any existing fuzz circuit, but can dip into Fuzz Face territory at the low end of the gain spectrum."

This sounds pretty accurate. I'm not an expert or anything about pedal archetypes. The more you turn the gain up, the more buzzy and narrow and compressed it gets. It's pricey, but it's really well-built and has a lifetime warranty and is contains so many sounds I like to hear from fuzz pedals, and sounds incredible doing it. I want to play it really really loudly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Goddard.

I'm not familiar with "Goddard"....is that an inside HC joke?

Just a couple quick notes for everyone....

The Neutron Fuzz is now called the Acceleron Fuzz , due to a Quantum legal Entanglement...the first large batch is shipping this week, so keep an eye on your favorite dealer's website.

The Acceleron isn't based on any fuzz I'm aware of. It's a new design from the ground up, which enables it to have a very wide variety of tones, not care at all about temperature or it's position on your board.

Archived