OT: Rate the last movie you saw

wiklund87

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Artist.

5/10 - VASTLY overrated. Some lovely moments, and it's always nice to see something different, but it was pretty nothingy.

Really? I saw it last weekend, thought it was great. What didn't you like?

• Members

Really? I saw it last weekend, thought it was great. What didn't you like?

Wasn't really with the character during his downfall, didn't really get it when he freaked out towards the end, and then the final solution bit just came off as a bit naff and uninspired. I found the plot generally a bit flaky, it felt like they were trying to fill time in their concept film. It wasn't terrible, just didn't find it as great as everyone makes out. Loved cinematography of that scene on the stairs.

• Members

Fair enough. I thought it all fit so well as a great modern-day tribute to the silent era of film. It was made with care and joy. It was clever, the cinematography was excellent, the characters/actors were great, expressive, and likable, and a lot of the little devices they used throughout the film all seemed spot on and clever. Different strokes though for sure.

• Members

Yeah, with
Sherlock (2011)
, I mean the series. Take it for movies since they're full length
:lol:
I think I'll skip the second Downey Jr/Law crap

Yea.. i watched the downey jr movies before the series. I thought the movies were decent.. then i watched sherlock.. that hollywood doesn't even stand a chance.. haha!

Archived