wiklund87

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

I still want to see this.

i saw it the other day and was pleasantly suprised. i hate CGI, but they actually put some decent work into making you feel for the ape. probably a 6/7 out of 10.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gambit

View Post

i saw it the other day and was pleasantly suprised. i hate CGI, but they actually put some decent work into making you feel for the ape. probably a 6/7 out of 10.

the CGI was good, but not better than King Kong made 5 years earlier

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wiklund87

View Post

I was afraid this was just another Rocky-like movie, but everyone says it's awesome I need to check it out

It is a Rocky-type movie but the acting performances make up for the cliched script

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat

View Post

a bobcat goldthwait film World's greatest dad also cameo from krist novoselic...???

robin williams in as serious role.

average movie but wow what a film.

{censored}ed up story line. Great soundtrack though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Watched Cowboys & Aliens today. 5/10. Might have been better if it wasn't so goddamned long - if a film is 2h15m it needs to be a lot better than this.

You probably ain't so exited about watching the 17min longer directors cut then:P

• Members

Haxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages. It's a 1920 silent Swedish film starring SSSSSATAN!

It's suppose to be a documentary/expose on bygone superstitions, crossed with "modern" scientific explanations, but In reality, it's a bunch of penny dreadful vignettes showcasing witchcraft, Satan, and blasphemy in big budget, pre-Code, silent film glory.

It's starts slow, with a ten minute introduction, followed by a whole piece on witches stews, but around 23 minutes in Satan shows up and the movie essentially starts. If you like anything Satan or silent movie horror related, you're in for a treat. This was Sweden's stab at making the big time, and it's full of great, old fashioned special effects and debauchery. Naked women, flying witches, antichrist babies, and a scene where old women kiss Satan's ass - and that's just this scene!

There's no sound, so play dissonant modern classical, Electric Wizard, or whatever the hell else you want for instant music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq2_jVmJ6wA

Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

Midnight in Paris: Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard. Written and directed by Woody Allen.

If you're up on your early 20th century art and literary masters this movie is a pleasant surprise. Also a who's who of cameos from some great Hollywood/European actors. If you're not up on the ex-patriot scene of what made up 1920's Paris you might find it boring. I foresee Owen Wilson being in a lot of up coming Woody Allen movies. He plays the angst Woody character of the 70's without all nervous sweat and tired shtick. - 9/10

• Members
mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-movie-

10/10

Seriously... thought it was awesome. Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but the guy has earned my respect by doing all of his own stunts through the years, and continually making awesome action movies - every MI movie except for the 2nd one, Top Gun, The Last Samurai, Collateral, Minority Report, and yes... I actually liked War of the Worlds... and a couple other REALLY good ones not necessarily in the action genre - A Few Good Men, Valkyrie...

• Members

Looks very similar to the third one, from the trailer. Is it?

Not at all, IMO. I really liked the 3rd one too, but this one was all about the "humanity" of each of the IMF agents, which was what made it so successful IMO - virtually none of their high-tech gadgets would work properly, so they were forced to rely on good 'ol fashion intuition and guts. It made for a lot of humorous moments - largely thanks to Simon Pegg; guy was phenomenal. Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton really helped out a lot too... but it was an espionage movie with heart - a movie where we can each relate to the characters quite easily. They didn't seem larger than life in this one. They were just a bunch of people with frustrations, emotions, and ridiculous athleticism and coordination trying to save the world. ;):lol:

Archived