Good Fuzz for Bass in a Heavy Metal band...

juri

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha! I knew you'd chime in with that.

You're the Pharaoh of the Pharaoh.
:)
Still want to try one.

It has yet to be repalced. Dunwich Nick built a FAC off for me. See how ti holds up to the Pharaoh. Hoping I can give the Pharaoh a break for a bit. Want to try the Black Forest when I get the cash to do so.

• Members

Not here to say what's better or best. I don't {censored}ing know.But I do know this, Jeff from High On Fire uses a Pharaoh, and used it to record the new record. Jonathan from Torche uses one too, also on the new record. Scott from Weezer is using a Pharaoh, and a whole slew of other guys...Including myself.

• Members

Not here to say what's better or best. I don't {censored}ing know.But I do know this, Jeff from High On Fire uses a Pharaoh, and used it to record the new record. Jonathan from Torche uses one too, also on the new record. Scott from Weezer is using a Pharaoh, and a whole slew of other guys...Including myself.

Mentioning it's on the High on Fire record was more than enough cred in my book. Haha. Pharaoh rules. I used it on my bands demo and on a single we just recorded. I use a dual amp rig, but the Pharaoh is a huge staple to my tone. I have used it with a bass through my Bassman and it was {censored}ing rad.

• Members

I'd definitely say
make sure you get a clean blend with whatever you're using.
Makes your tone sound infinitely better, IMO, since you don't lose all your low end. It's your tone, just dirtier and sexier. Haha

totally agree.

I would start by buying a Boss ODB-3, just because it has built in clean blend, between that and the eq it can be dialed in quite nicely. the topper is that it's cheap, sounds huge and can cut through a mix.

• Members

I can attest to the quality of Jeff's tone. I've never tried my Pharaoh on my bass, to be honest.

• Members

Yeah, you gotta find out which works best with your bass, amp, cab, and band.

This basically.

My bassist ended up getting a super custom fuzz built with a bass boost and lead boost to get what he wanted. He plays super deep and a lot of fuzzes freak out and sputter madly when you play as deep as he does.

• Members

swollen pickle, sounds twice as good on bass than guitar, in fact when i play bass, i leave it on all the time it sounds so good cuzz the little sizzlers that are in the pedal shine through and make it sound really super good man, like totally and plus it adds about 500dbs of bass and loudzness to ze' tonez fer dayz

Archived