If you had to have 1 METAL axe, what would it be?

dZjupp

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one guitar I use for heavier stuff (punk, hardcore, some metal) an Edwards (ESP) Viper. I can't really see myself getting rid of it, plays great, could use a neck pickup swap though.

Looks like this, but with dot inlays and a XL-500 in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan (not sure which) in the neck.

vp_camo.jpg

• Members
Probably something along these lines:

01.jpg

Dennis has/had one like this, I think:

l.jpg

Old school picture FTW!

Thats my Jackson COW, its still the best low budget metal axe around and slaying the ESP MI which i have sold a year ago or so...

...other than this, you know that i love that damn teslas

slash-guitars-03.jpg
the one on the far left would be used to smash during the encore

Any of these would do, although I prefer the higher-end Mockingbirds and not the el cheapos.

Hamer and Dean Explorers would do too... it probably would all come down to whatever neck I liked the feel of the best. :idk:

• Members

Les Paul Custom Silverburst, EMG pickups, like my pals in Mastodon. (although in this pic, Bill's LP doesn't have EMG's, although I think he's using them now.)

Bill-Kelliher-1.jpg

The flying V silverburst is pretty cool too:

Brent-Hinds-Silverburst-V.jpg

He has EMGs in one guitar from an interview I read.

For me, it's by my SG standard or Prestige Heritage stnd

384111_10150461031066373_635446372_90448

• Members

Had my dream metal guitar and foolishly got rid of it :

IMGP1368.jpg

Loaded (piezo) Ernie Ball John Petrucci 6. I had the 7 which was equally as amazing :

IMG_0602.jpg

I had a BFR7 come in on trade for pretty cheap, {censored}ing killer guitar but it came in as I was still paying for my Suhr. Didn't last long and the guy who bought it {censored}in hated it and got super pissy when we wouldn't pay return shipping for him to return it. The whole time I was dumbfounded that he could say it played and sounded like {censored}!?11

Archived