ot- Coffee: how do you like yours?

echodeluxe

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol @ bunch of coffee snobs.

i am a coffee snob. it just tastes better and i really enjoy good coffee in the morning. but i brew it all at home because i refuse to pay 3-4 bucks per cup.

i drink crappy beer if i cant afford good beer and i am not a gear snob at all. its really my only cork snifferyish thing that we can discuss on here.

is that wrong??

• Members

i grow my own beans, then dry them, and grind them in my 420 grinder, and then snort the powder. gives me a hell of a caffeine rush.

but seriously, i rarely make coffee at home, if i do its just some instant {censored}. i usually go out to starbucks or timmy's for my coffee. i love the taste of it but it makes my stomach upset sometimes, so i'll only drink it a few times a week.

and i like a nice dark roast, but with some milk and sugar in it :love:

• Members

i am a coffee snob. it just tastes better and i really enjoy good coffee in the morning. but i brew it all at home because i refuse to pay 3-4 bucks per cup.

i drink crappy beer if i cant afford good beer and i am not a gear snob at all. its really my only cork snifferyish thing that we can discuss on here.

is that wrong??

yes. gtfo to the The Coffee Page forums

• Members

What are you brewing at home that would cost 3-4 bux at a Coffee Shop?

Drip coffee at even the best coffee houses = $2.

A whole French press @ Sbux = $3.89, but that's enough for two people.

• Members

What are you brewing at home that would cost 3-4 bux at a Coffee Shop?

Drip coffee at even the best coffee houses = $2.

A whole French press @ Sbux = $3.89, but that's enough for two people.

ok even at 2 bucks a cup thats 14 bucks a week, and i drink more than one large cup a day. i can brew 8 cups a day for far less than that of some of the best beans on the planet and i dont have to stop anywhere on my way to work. its brewing coffee - not exactly the most complex of tasks that i need to pay someone else to do for me.

• Members

ok even at 2 bucks a cup thats 14 bucks a week, and i drink more than one large cup a day. i can brew 8 cups a day for far less than that of some of the best beans on the planet and i dont have to stop anywhere on my way to work. its brewing coffee - not exactly the most complex of tasks that i need to pay someone else to do for me.

I'm not arguing with that, but what do you consider "expensive" for beans.

The stuff I like is a bargain at $16/lb. It doesn't take long to use that up with a Chemex or a French Press.

• Members

Had a French press till my roommates crazy ex used it as a weapon when thy got in what turned out to be heir last fight. I literally walked into the room just in time to see the press go flying. I just turned around and walked back into my room.

Made a good cup.

Archived