ot- Coffee: how do you like yours?

echodeluxe

• Members

I love coffee. Sometimes too much.

Ive had a hard time finding a drip coffee maker that I like but its been rough. I recently started using a percolator (my girlfriend has one and uses it every day) and I really like it. She likes her coffee strong like me too.

Black of course. She's into dunkin donuts coffee but she has some corksniffer {censored} too.

What about you guys?

1326379541881.jpg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just started using a Chemex. The verdict is still out. I feel like it's too clear, and a bit bitter. It reminds me of Chinese restaurant tea that sits around too long.

I think I prefer the body, the oilyness, and the flavor of my French Press.

I also like my Moka Pot, ESPECIALLY on a camp fire at PutInBay.

I use K-Cups fairly often, just because it's convenient. I'm pretty picky on which cups I use, though.

My Mr. Coffee drip machine still gets use too. Works fine.

I have an ibrik for Turkish coffee, but I rarely use it. Too sweet, plus it's tough to find fresh coffee ground that finely.

I guess I just really like coffee.

• Members

i prefer medium to dark roasts. i grind my own beans daily into a standard drip type coffee maker. been meaning to use my french press more. 90% of the time i prefer it black but every once and a while half and half tastes good too. i have some beans from guatemala right now that are amazingly good. i was in hog heaven when i was down in costa rica last year, some of the best coffee i have ever tasted.

• Members

I cannot/will not drink Starbucks brew coffee. So burnt and disgusting. No amount of cream and sugar will help. Except maybe breakfast blend or kimono dragon if I'm in a pinch.

I agree. I think that's why they have the caramel latte frappaccino machiato mocha doke con panama Americano. They have to disguise it so it's palatable.

• Members

Starbucks - Are you guys talking about their Espresso machines? or the drip coffee?

1. I agree, most Sbux do a {censored}ty job on their Espresso machine maintenance. This intensifies that burned flavor big time.

2. I think their drip coffee is pretty good. :idk: , as long as it's not that cheap tasting Pike's Place stuff.

• Members

Anyone like chickory?

hate it.

However, it's pretty cool that the dried, ground root of a weed can make a drink similar to coffee. It's like the Grappa of the coffee world. It was the lowest of the low. It was coffee for the poor.

now, it's the official Martha Stewart country club hot beverage of choice

Archived