ot- Coffee: how do you like yours?

echodeluxe

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have a French Press at home and at work, the one at work gets used too much. Man, I am addicted to coffee and am shocked to see that I am drinking mostly crap with some milk and a tiny bit of sugar.
Drank this all day, the strongest and bestest the supermarket close to work has:
120409_0_300x294_1316011219.jpg
Can't drink coffee that is not boiling hot. I effing hate lukewarm coffee more than anything!
Also, I just had to google what a French Press is, foreign language and all.
sp_0217_02_v6.jpg?width=480

• Members

I use a french press at home, lately with Caribou's Mahogany roast. I have one of those old-fashioned hand grinders like this coffee-grinder.jpg

I also make a lot of Turkish (Arabic, Bosnian, etc) coffee with a nice little copper cezve I picked up a couple years ago.

At work, I just have a cheap Mr. Coffee drip brewer, and I drink a pot or two of Cafe Bustelo a day. And I tend to drink whatever {censored}ty gas station or restaurant coffee is available if I'm out and about or sitting at Perkins in the middle of the night.

I prefer my coffee black, but if I'm feeling like something a little sweet, I do like using a little real maple syrup, molasses, or brown sugar. I also like to get the occasional cappuccino, if it's made right.

• Members

Espresso.

I'll drink several doubles back to back given the chance, but sadly my second espresso maker broke nearly a year ago and I haven't had the means to replace it. :(

I like cafetiere and filter coffee also, but they tend to do horrible things to my belly in anything other than small quantities. :o

A good black coffee with a shot of Baileys or whatever spirit I fancy at the time, is something I enjoy at Christmas time, however. :love:

• Members

black

otherwise it doesn't taste like coffee

Same. NOTHING tastes as good with desert like a New York cheesecake as good, smooth plain black coffee.

M.E. Swing's Coffee. Ethiopian Yergacheffe or Guatemala Antigua, though we enjoy their French Breakfast and a few others. Fresh ground every day, then via a drip coffee pot, but only with brown paper filters. You can taste the white ones.

• Members
A few of my favorites:

Green Mountain Fair Trade Organic Sumatran Reserve Extra Bold

Green Mountain Dark Magic Extra Bold

Green Mountain Double Black Diamond Extra Bold

Coffee People Donut Shop

Caribou Mahogany

Tully's Italian Roast Extra Bold

Yes!! Big fan of the Dark Magic as well. :love:

Archived