Phil- can we make P & W a ban-worthy item?

hangwire

• Members

Maybe starting April there can be a new rule that mentions of P & W equal a ban of some type.

I see this as a win win:

If p&w people have effect questions, they don't need to flaunt it and cause the {censored}storm... They can just identify music specific questions and get answers

And {censored}storm starters will also not instigate the headaches in other threads with a ban overhead

Again, win win :idk:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

p and w is a a lockable offense at tgp..

i dont think it should be bannable, cause it's big enough to be a genre.

but if we must i mean they can always start by saying, i'm going for an "The Edge" type sound give me advice?

• Members

I third it.

If you even ask not to have p&w threads in the regular section good ol' Scott Peterson will ban you at tgp.I know this cause that's what they did to me. All the mods there are religious and have that hidden agenda.

Stupid god...

• Members

I'm not joking.

As pointed out, you can speak to tone without adding the p&w label, and those that do either are baiting, or tend to get bated afterwards when the Socratic types catch a whiff

Seems tightening up this 1 easy thing would decrease a lot of :facepalm: here

Phil- what do you think :idk:

• Members

Ban everyone who plays P&W
:thu:

Again- I don't care about THAT, but if someone comes out with p & w talk when digital delay or compressor talk is all they want, it tends to end poorly.

Maybe a macro (is that a thing anymore :lol: ) where forms of p&w in text is caught and won't allow a post to be submitted? I don't know- and temp ban to increased severity on repeated occurrences?

• Members

If anybody bashes anything anybody likes or bashes the type of music someone's plays. They can take one of two roads.

A.) defend said subject to the umpteenth degree and try to convence said individual that they are wrong.

Or.

B.) shut up and ignore it. If you like it and/or like playing it who gives a {censored} (like anyone bashing your stuff is gonna change how you feel or what you like)

Most of the p&w comments around here people revert to the former.

If someone's doesn't like it who cares if someone likes it who cares. That what makes this world awesome.

Just have an open mind people.

Sure... Maybe I should just pick a genre at random each month, and anyone who mentions it gets zapped for a week. Maybe we can do it like Groucho Marx used to do with the secret word of the day... except we'll have a secret bannable genre of the month. :lol:

The usual rules still apply. :) I don't want to see any religious discussions please.

You can discuss bands, music, and sound reinforcement and stuff that pertains to playing in a church (or synagog, mosque, bar, nightclub, etc.), but I don't want to see any discussions about the religious aspects of that, or about religion in general - pro OR con. If you want to talk about that, debate it, complain about it, praise it, mock it, or hate on it - that's fine; please take it to the Poli Forum. Ignore that request and push it far enough to annoy or tick me off here, and there will be temp bans - and it will not matter a bit which "side" you're on.

If you can't discuss it civilly, I don't want it discussed here. I let you guys have a pretty open forum, but politics and religion inevitably lead to butthurt, and it makes my job much more difficult, so except for very rare exceptions, I'd rather we just avoid those topics. I'd prefer that you guys keep those discussions in the designated forum that has been set up specifically for those topics... but I'm not going to toss music related topics under the bus just because some people are not interested or don't care for the venue. If you hate Doom, then stay out of the Doom threads and ones like it. If you hate Country, stay out of those threads. If you don't care for P&W music or bands, then stay out of the threads about them. Troll them (any of them), and you risk annoying me. Annoy me, and I might just hit the button that makes the annoyance go away for a while... ;)

• Members

hey i'm an atheist to the bone and i have no problem with P&W threads. If you're anti P&W and you go into a related thread to troll... {censored} will get unpleasant. Just leave them alone. the best way to get rid of christian martyrdom is to pretend it doesn't exist.

I liked the rest of it - I really did. But I started at the bottom and worked my way up, so when I saw the Soldano cabinet, I was disappointed when I didn't see a corresponding head.

Nice guitars and pedals though. Needs more Telecaster and offsets, but it's a nice start. ;)

• Members

I liked the rest of it - I really did. But I started at the bottom and worked my way up, so when I saw the Soldano cabinet, I was disappointed when I didn't see a corresponding head.

Nice guitars and pedals though. Needs more Telecaster and offsets, but it's a nice start.
;)

the tele is in the works, but its been hard to find the right one.

offsets, maybe. I still have the line on that 69 competition mustang but its hard to spend any money on something I'd just buy to look cool in front of You and HCFX.

my hcfx cock would be way huge though, not even TVD's hand drums could eclipse me.

Archived