FX shelf or display case?

V-man

• Members

I have 2-3 dozen pedals and am lucky if I use 3 at any one time. Common sense dictates a sale, but If I had that, I probably wouldn't have 2-3 dozen pedals in the first place ;)

Seriously though, I would like something like a CD rack where I can slide 2 dozen pedals in (or maybe a dozen face-forward instead of sideways) where they are off the floor and not chipping each other. Anybody have any suggestions? the Priority mail shipping box + foam ain't cutting it.

• Members

I have 2-3 dozen pedals and am lucky if I use 3 at any one time. Common sense dictates a sale, but If I had that, I probably wouldn't have 2-3 dozen pedals in the first place
;)

Seriously though, I would like something like a CD rack where I can slide 2 dozen pedals in (or maybe a dozen face-forward instead of sideways) where they are off the floor and not chipping each other. Anybody have any suggestions? the Priority mail shipping box + foam ain't cutting it.

I remember over a decade ago when I only had 2-3 dozen pedals. The problem with displaying them is that leads to displaying more of them, not less :lol:

• Members

I've got a cheapo wire mesh rack from Ikea that worked for a while...

which spilled over to a toolcabinet-ish thing with pullout drawers (also Ikea)...

which later spilled over into a big book case from target or walmart (cheap-ish!)

I'm running out of room again...luckily the bookcase is expandable, I just need to make a few extra shelves.

• Members

I put 'em on multiple smaller boards in combos that I like - I find I use them more often that way since I don't have to tear my main board apart. The boards sit on the bottom shelf of my amp rack.

IMG_5931.jpg

That sir it awesome! :love:

I put all my extra shit on a shelf. But I think I'm gonna try Erksin's idea and build a few smaller boards so more stuff will get used.

• Members

I like Phil's idea. I was wanting to do something like that myself (way too many pedals). I ran across this:

http://www.finehomedisplays.com/products.asp?cat=43

I started thinking, this could be super easy to build. 4 boards to encase, some shelf hooks for adjustability and a grove along the edge to slide a piece of acrylic/plexiglas in for dust protection. Be easy to put a little pre-made trim around the top for looks too!

• Members

This might sound odd, but see if you can find a wine cabinet. You'll want one where the dividers aren't on a diagonal though.

We got a piece of furniture a couple years ago and the bottom part could either been a wine rack or shelves. We don't do much wine drinking and wanted it for storage... so the wine insert is now upstairs acting as a pedal garage.

• Members

That sir it awesome!
:love:

I put all my extra shit on a shelf. But I think I'm gonna try Erksin's idea and build a few smaller boards so more stuff will get used.

It's kind of turned into a 'modular' system of sorts for me - certain fuzz groupings that I can throw in front of my main board, or other smaller 'grab n go' type deals when I don't need a bunch of stuff. They're all mounted up and ready to go so I wind up using them a lot more than if they were stowed away somewhere that I'd forget about and not ever use them.

69PHM002.jpg

SC-SFTminiboard.jpg

TimmySAD1.jpg

SwankyScrewKiss.jpg

smallboard2.jpg

I still have too many though.

lol

• Members

It's kind of turned into a 'modular' system of sorts for me - certain fuzz groupings that I can throw in front of my main board, or other smaller 'grab n go' type deals when I don't need a bunch of stuff. They're all mounted up and ready to go so I wind up using them a lot more than if they were stowed away somewhere that I'd forget about and not ever use them.

69PHM002.jpg

SC-SFTminiboard.jpg

TimmySAD1.jpg

SwankyScrewKiss.jpg

smallboard2.jpg

I still have too many though.

lol

I feel ya there. I have too many pedals sitting around and not getting used. I refuse to sell them because I do use them just not as often. when I do I sub things out on my main board and then it dosent sound "right" just different which is cool but is a PINA switching things out :blah:. I also have a few amps lying around and addmitly they don't get played as often as my main squeeze. So this smaller multiple boards idea has got me. A few one spots and cheap pedal board ideas and I'm set. I always get different song ideas playing through slightly different setups.

My girlfriend wants to mount my pedals on the wall because she likes the colors. She doesn't quite understand that I use most of them, especially for recording, but it sounds like a cool idea.

You know, a bunch of different sized pedals stuck up on the wall would probably offer pretty decent diffusion. :)

• Members

SC-SFTminiboard.jpg

:cool:

IMG_0630.jpg

Archived