Strymon Flint Clips

Stevenglass

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

sounds good. so damage control with their weird shapes morphed into styrmon? good move..

Yep, pretty much. Actually...what's origin of the name strymon, anyway?

Edit: Oh, it's a greek river god. Ok...

• Members

i liked the clips, i'm sure they will be 300$, which for that price you can buy something like a tube wiggler or other better trem and a decent reverb. if strymon priced their pedals at 199$ i'd be all over them.

• Members

I had high hopes. Not so much after listening to those clips. Digital garbage. I use the tremolo verb the most on my Space and from what I can gather from those clips I see no reason to change... even my Malekko Spring Chicken / Omnicron Tremolo sounds better.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2892700-Teaser-photos-of-new-Strymon-pedal&p=45481659&viewfull=1#post45481659

sounds like you're just coming in to confirm your preconceived notions. :lol:

• Members

I was hopeful that the 60's spring would bring something useful and different to the attempt to digitalize tube reverbs, but it sounds like the same old digi emulation flaws there to me. Bright in the wrong places, dark in the wrong places, and with a too crisp digidelay click to it. It is too bad, i was hoping they would pull some wizard {censored} out of their hats and make it work.

Also, for a pedal that is likely to be as expensive is it is, it sounds like they are streaming a pretty low quality mp3. It may just be that the trem is just sort of non-mp3 compression friendly, but on a few of the clips i was hearing what sounded like 128kbps or worse lossy audio format noise. Also, what seemed to be input clipping?

All that aside, i am more disappointed that they don't seem to have been able to get anything better out of the quest for digital emulations of tube verbs. :idk:

• Members

I sometimes wonder if Strymon is just a really expensive Line6 pedal broken out into different boxes...

Totally. It's a new trend. You could say the same thing about toneprints, iStomp, etc...

Stymon does seem to be poised to come out with an all-in-one that combines their DSP boxes. It would probably be pretty expensive!

• Members

Totally. It's a new trend. You could say the same thing about toneprints, iStomp, etc...

Stymon does seem to be poised to come out with an all-in-one that combines their DSP boxes. It would probably be pretty expensive!

Strymon has ex L6 people working there.

Archived