OT: I'm gonna get a new phone, which should I get?

Loobs

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went with the S2 for my first smartphone after messing around with my coworkers. I love the huge awesome screen and I originally planned to use it as my music player so I liked the idea of dropping in a 32GB SD card. Turns out I prefer to just use my old 120GB Zune still and save the battery life on my phone.

If I were looking for another phone I'd probably wait it out a few months and see what the iphone5 is all about which will probably come out in the fall. By then the Galaxy S3 should be a bit cheaper and you'll know of any issues it might have.

The big screen is REALLY nice to have on the galaxy and the camera is pretty awesome, but iphone is king of apps and so many people have them so it's a really safe choice.

• Members

just don't get a Note or any of the so-called "Phablets" they're making now... I know a guy who pretty much gets the latest android phone every time they release one and the Note is ridiculous. You look like a tool holding a tablet to your face to talk, it doesn't really fit in a front pocket comfortably so where are you going to carry it? get a little purse for it? and claiming that a stylus is some sort of selling point is insane. If you're a near-blind woman without the full use of your fingers, get a note. if not, don't.

• Members

iPhone 4S

I'm still going with this. I bought one a couple weeks back after having a Moto Droid, Droid 2, and LG Revolution (also Android). I gotta say, this iPhone kicks ass. No freezing, no problems. It's fast, has a kick ass screen, is built for music, has an awesome camera, HD recording, etc.... Clear winner. iMessaging and FaceTime are sick also. iPhone all the way

• Members

Yeah, you'd think you'd hate the larger big screen phones, but after a while.....you realize that a larger screen makes everything better.

The bulk is justified.

I was a HTC Desire user for a couple years, and moved onto the iphone.

Both are nice phones. Both have pros and cons, as do all phones.

At first the iPhone was annoying to me, because it wasn't as flexible.....but I'm slowly coming around. It's a cool platform, and does everything I want it too. really idiosyncratic. It still lacks a lot of things I've grown to love about the HTC. Widgets mostly.

Never really had issues with the HTC....never slow and never froze. It's reception was weak, and the internal memory was low.......but otherwise, it was cool.

HTC phones are like legos. Follow the instructions to your kit, or go off the map and do what you'd like. Either way, pretty awesome, unless you're stupid or lack imagination.

Computer illiterate people won't like the Droids as much.

iPhones are like Mr. Potato Head. Allows for fun, and imagination, but there is a limit to the variations. There are only so many body parts and holes to stick those parts in. It's a slicker looking toy, but not nearly as complex. It will always remain a potato with a face.....no matter how much you rearrange it's features.

Most people will like iPhone, because it's as easy to use as a point and shoot camera......

• Members

I'm an android man for very practical reasons, but both the high end samsungs and the iphone 4s are REALLY nice phones.

For android you just buy yourself the PowerAmp music player for a few pounds, it has All The Good {censored}

• Members

I'm an android man for very practical reasons, but both the high end samsungs and the iphone 4s are REALLY nice phones.

For android you just buy yourself the PowerAmp music player for a few pounds, it has All The Good {censored}

Practical reasons like what?

• Members

Practical reasons like what?

A large part of my uni work involves working on phones and Apple won't let you write code for their phones without having one of their computers. So I'm just like "fine; be that way."

Nothing approaching a dealbreaker but also: I also don't like the way you can't change the keyboard on an iphone; it's one of those things where it's really nice being able to choose one that suits you.

• Members

I got fed up with droids after my Droid X up and decided to delete my entire music library one day. Droids are more customizable indeed but they are buggy little bastards. Sometimes they reset themselves, delete things, or add things you didn't want. Iphones do everything a smartphone should and they do it well everytime.

• Members

I got fed up with droids after my Droid X up and decided to delete my entire music library one day. Droids are more customizable indeed but they are buggy little bastards. Sometimes they reset themselves, delete things, or add things you didn't want. Iphones do everything a smartphone should and they do it well everytime.

The music was on the SDcard right? Did the whole card wipe?

• Members

i just ordered an iphone 4s.....feels good. Im used to iphones since 2008 and theyre so simple and with everything you need and i love the camera and it never {censored}s up.

i feel this is the same comparison as mac vs pc......i prefer less hassle.

• Members

Galaxy S3 is rumored to be dropping this week...that thing is going to be top dog at least until the iphone5 (and maybe past that)

As far as what's available right now the gf has a galaxy nexus and it's pretty damn sleek/fast. Ain't as pretty as an iphone but you're probably going to want a case anyway.

The iphone 4s is pretty dated...the next one shouldn't be too far off now.

I can't comprehend the concept of that iphone being dated. As someone who knows nothing about smart phones i am assuming this is the latest model which i saw people queuing for just a couple of months ago? If so then i know this technology moves fast, but the fact it is considered dated just astounds me.

• Members

I can't comprehend the concept of that iphone being dated. As someone who knows nothing about smart phones i am assuming this is the latest model which i saw people queuing for just a couple of months ago? If so then i know this technology moves fast, but the fact it is considered dated just astounds me.

You could say it's not as powerful as the newest droid phones, but it's pretty much impossible for the iphone to be out of date because it's generally the standard of power/features to which apps are aimed... I.e. very few apps are written that require a more powerful phone than whatever the newest iphone is.

• Members

You could say it's not as powerful as the newest droid phones, but it's pretty much impossible for the iphone to be out of date because it's generally the standard of power/features to which apps are aimed... I.e. very few apps are written that require a more powerful phone than whatever the newest iphone is.

I use technology, but have no need or desire to be 'up to date' and as a result just cannot fathom what people get from it i suppose. Makes me sad how the drive for the newest and fastest just speeds up the amount of industry and waste in the world. All this incredible minds figuring out ways to use resources and make money rather than on something actually beneficial. Just one of those days i guess where i wonder what the world is coming to!

Archived